Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video breakup

rkyleh

Reaction score
A question for all you guys that fly the XSP. The last couple of outings I had a video problem but it didn't happen until I was on my fourth battery. I was flying close, in an area with no interference. The video was fine but the screen broke up and I got the video interference warning.
This last outing the same thing happened on the fourth battery bad reception good video. Short distance away. This time I shut down and still had three lights on the battery so I moved locations and didn't fly for at least two to three hours. I sent the bird up again and had a perfect flight no interference and quite a distance away.
I used the first three battery's in a short amount of time. On the third flight I was almost a mile away excellent reception.
So my question is could this interference be caused by a heat build up in the drone or controller?

Very interesting that you are seeing this on your 4th battery. All electronics have a temperature range in the specs so I guess it could be a heat problem if the ambient temp outside is high that could be a issue. One of the beta testers lives in Arizona and will not fly after the temp reaches 110 F.
The only way to check out you theory is to move from spot A and go to spot B and fly while the xstar is still hot or wait around in spot A till it has cool off and see if that helps.

Very interesting that you are seeing this on your 4th battery. All electronics have a temperature range in the specs so I guess it could be a heat problem if the ambient temp outside is high that could be a issue. One of the beta testers lives in Arizona and will not fly after the temp reaches 110 F.
The only way to check out you theory is to move from spot A and go to spot B and fly while the xstar is still hot or wait around in spot A till it has cool off and see if that helps.

The temp was in the 80"s so I don't think that was the problem. Funny it happened twice in a row on the fourth battery. I will have to find a spot where I can use up all the battery's and try it again.

Not exactly like your problem, but I recently switched from my Galaxy S4 phone to a used 8" Tab A. I have had more "video signal interference" warnings when flying high and have to recheck/reposition the antennas. Seems the larger tablet is causing some blockage. Also, lost connection completely once, which was fixed with a new USB cable to the controller. So, I wouldn't eliminate controller heating issues, either.

Reactions: KentA
I have had the same issue when using other devices. When I use my cell phone, I have little to no issues. When I use my cheap tablet, I have non stop problems.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy