Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Well I think this will do it for me

you guys obviously dont own an But can only parrot what others have said
You are right I do not own an EVO and right now I am glad I still have that $1000.00 in my sock. I don't use the autonomous features but if they can't get them right what else will go wrong down the road. I want a good dependable flying machine and a great camera that's all.

The funny thing about this EVO is I know a few people who bought it to do mapping. Not on the App yet and could be awhile from what I have heard. Between the EVO and the Anafi the EVO is on the bottom of my list. The DJI announcement coming up this month will be a deciding factor for me. I think once they do that the Mavic Air will drop even more in price then what it is already. It's noisy but I have already seen a video of someone who put Anafi props on a MA and it was very quite LOL

Reactions: Deleted member 1585
The funny thing about this EVO is I know a few people who bought it to do mapping. Not on the App yet and could be awhile from what I have heard. Between the EVO and the Anafi the EVO is on the bottom of my list. The DJI announcement coming up this month will be a deciding factor for me. I think once they do that the Mavic Air will drop even more in price then what it is already. It's noisy but I have already seen a video of someone who put Anafi props on a MA and it was very quite LOL
Well we all will be waiting longer now...DJI cancelled the July 18 event...

https://dronedj.com/2018/07/05/dji-...xperience-and-standard-of-innovation-factors/

How did they do that? The props couldn’t be any more different?

It was in one of the review videos. From what the guy said he knocked out the pin and installed the Anafi props. Not much documentation but it worked.

Well that’s pretty neat. It’s still loud though. Love my air, and have learned to live with its noisy footprint.

you guys amaze me knock a new drone the only evidence you have are revues from a few people are testing for the first time,ive already flown mine 14 times and it amazes me more and more
for each issue reviewers complain of,the mavic has it also AND THE MAVIC HAS HAD 2 YEARS TO FIX EM
i dont care if others buy one but i can tell your losing out
in fact i rarely sell my drones but seriously considering selling one of mp's for another Evo
accessories are limited but they will come out
how many hundres of time have mp owners screamed ''i lost ma tablet feed'>the evo has live rc feed
ill stop here but theres ton of pros over mavic
but hey we can get the mp2 in a couple weeks
no wait they pushed that to a later date,so wait while i fly:D

Reactions: TEAMERICA
you guys amaze me knock a new drone the only evidence you have are revues from a few people are testing for the first time,ive already flown mine 14 times and it amazes me more and more
for each issue reviewers complain of,the mavic has it also AND THE MAVIC HAS HAD 2 YEARS TO FIX EM
i dont care if others buy one but i can tell your losing out
in fact i rarely sell my drones but seriously considering selling one of mp's for another Evo
accessories are limited but they will come out
how many hundres of time have mp owners screamed ''i lost ma tablet feed'>the evo has live rc feed
ill stop here but theres ton of pros over mavic
but hey we can get the mp2 in a couple weeks
no wait they pushed that to a later date,so wait while i fly:D
Hey man, I get what you're saying but you have to look at the facts. Not trying to argue with you or anything. I want Autel to succeed like any other drone company out there - the more competition there is, the better for us because it'll drive down prices. Now going back, if you have flown your EVO 14 times with no issues - you are one of the lucky ones. I'm not sure how many Autel sold in their first pre-order and the current sales - I assume it'll be in the few hundred or a few thousand. But again - you have to look at the facts -the EVO have been out for what 2-3 weeks. How many of those "few thousand" customer bought the EVO and can't fly them because they have IOs instead of the Android.
1st problem - no available Apple app (yes I know you can fly it without a phone but like some, I prefer to have the phone or small tablet when flying) - I'm not sure if you can update the firmware without the app.
2nd problem - horizon tilt issue - which currently have no fix
3rd problem - one of the rare ones - rear sensor and the motor burning - very isolated incident but a problem nonetheless.
I guess what the guys are trying to say is - for a brand new drone with similar or somewhat better features and maybe similar problems than a 2 year old Mavic Pro -you would think Autel would have ironed out the issues. They had well over a year for R/D not including the delays in the drone product launch. Again - I have the XSP but do not have the Mavic nor the EVO - will I be waiting to purchase - you bet I do because for consumers like me - shelling out 1K for a toy.....it'd better be working according to specs.

Battery only provides 19mins to 25 mins not 30mins as specified depending on where and how agressive you are flying.

Then of course there's the ongoing Gimbal Horizontal issue that's all over YouTube and Autel even admits to but seems to not have a easy solution to fixing it.

Not mine but some guys email to Autel about the tilted horizon issue.
View attachment 2362
Funny. I got an email from the same person and he told me the problem was fixed in the last firmware update. I sent my Evo back. I’m not dealing with a company that lies to their customers. Doesn’t even do what they said. I asked about the 19-20 minute hover time and low max speed both of which are no where near advertised. He said they weren’t aware of the issues. Come on now! There are videos and in reporting it now. They didn’t really say anything and offered me a full refund which I would have gotten regardless. Seems like they are just blowing smoke and pushed this release knowing DJI is coming out with something soon. I hate to buy DJI too, but I guess they are the only ones left. At least I can download their iOS app!
I’d like to give them another try, but I need 3d mapping support which they stated is no longer an option at this time :(

I am one of the people that bought it to do mapping. I called to asked them about it and they told me they never advertised it as a capability of the Evo. I couldn’t believe that would just flat out lie to me!! I saw the video and it’s still posted everywhere, except their website. I sent it back and happy I have my money back, but I just need a drone that works!

I am one of the people that bought it to do mapping. I called to asked them about it and they told me they never advertised it as a capability of the Evo. I couldn’t believe that would just flat out lie to me!! I saw the video and it’s still posted everywhere, except their website. I sent it back and happy I have my money back, but I just need a drone that works!

Hrmmm, that is not encouraging from anyone's viewpoint. I see the Autel site has removed all references but this is still out on Youtube. The only thing still holding me to Autel at all is their customer service and this is not a good sign when viewed in how they have also changed their website since pre-order.:rolleyes:

Hrmmm, that is not encouraging from anyone's viewpoint. I see the Autel site has removed all references but this is still out on Youtube. The only thing still holding me to Autel at all is their customer service and this is not a good sign when viewed in how they have also changed their website since pre-order.:rolleyes:
I was so bummed that I had to send it back. From my standpoint, they have done nothing but lie to me. So I can’t say their cs is any better than anyone else. They all suck.l in that department. I was so excited to receive it, but then found the iOS app isn’t even available. They led me into the 3D mapping feature and their answer on it. I even contacted Pix4D, Drone Deploy (who never responded after multiple attempts) and Precison Mapper. Both of them stated they have no plans for the Evo at this time and will never unless there is a high demand. I seriously don’t see there being a high demand. Tears in my eyes as I returned my box back to UPS. So, I’ve been looking st the new DJI Phantom 4 V2. Seems like much higher quality. It doesn’t support mapping yet, but was told it should be implemented soon and pretty likely to happen.

looks like some people jumped too soon and bought the evo,most of issues ive seen here have not affected me,perhaps it was realized it tightened our wallets too much,even if these issues were occurring,dji has much more even after having 2 years to correct them,just my 2 c

Seems like Autel has blown a lot of smoke up peoples butt!! It's almost down right criminal!! Promises a ton of stuff then not delivering and removing from their website... and not some people have issues with things breaking after a few days.. WTF??

instead of making unproven statements,why not post where mapping promises and such are at.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a company that only has one product, you think it would be perfect and actually deliver on promises and be completed when delivered. I had high hopes thinking a small company with one product would really do things the right way. They are just like everyone else. We aren’t going to rush the release. We want to make sure it’s ready and doesn’t have issues. I kept hearing that reply every time I called them. Now, I see that was all bs too. Yuneec doesn’t offer mapping unless you pay for their commercial drone. So, sadly DJI is the only one left.

One thing I’ll say for Autel....they didn’t put up an argument when I returned it to them. They did however lie and state they never advertised the Evo could do mapping. So, I’m done with them. We all know DJI plays stupid, Autel is no better.

For a company that only has one product, you think it would be perfect and actually deliver on promises and be completed when delivered. I had high hopes thinking a small company with one product would really do things the right way. They are just like everyone else. We aren’t going to rush the release. We want to make sure it’s ready and doesn’t have issues. I kept hearing that reply every time I called them. Now, I see that was all bs too. Yuneec doesn’t offer mapping unless you pay for their commercial drone. So, sadly DJI is the only one left.

One thing I’ll say for Autel....they didn’t put up an argument when I returned it to them. They did however lie and state they never advertised the Evo could do mapping. So, I’m done with them. We all know DJI plays stupid, Autel is no better.
I can understand how you feel. The XSP had a lot of broken promises too. One thing though. Autel has hundreds of automotive products as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy