Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What features would you like to see added to the X-Star?

Just remember that when the xstar premium is sold in UK it will be CE Compliant & therefore have less radio range than the FCC Compliance in the states.

Not so bothered about the range (used to that with the the P3S), I want something with better build and orange.

Reactions: Tpat591
how about angling the usb port on the bottom so you can sit it down and not always stress the cable area where it goes into the plug?

how about angling the usb port on the bottom so you can sit it down and not always stress the cable area where it goes into the plug?

I noticed on my 2nd one, Autel supplied a cable with a shorter USB head so as not to cause the issue you describe, too bad they didn't see it themselves and take appropriate action with supply the first time and it's still close to a concern. To completely solve it, these bad boys are what I bought for the larger head cable and works like a charm, you'll just use the one though.

1. The ability to set waypoints for waypoint flights before takeoff. It's a problem to just hover and use up battery while air born to set waypoints.

2. The ability to set a mission altitude for waypoint flights. It takes a lot of time to set the desired altitude for each waypoint individually if an altitude is desired other than the default altitude.

Reactions: RJ_Make
X-star software "Lock(s) for lost or stolen X-Star
If your aircraft is lost or stolen for any number of reasons there is no incentive for anyone that finds it to return it. Assuming that the person that finds it knows a little about drones then all he has to do is buy a control unit and he is in business.

I think if a drone has a software lock or is key'd to the control unit as a match pair that it could prevent it from ever being used by other than it's rightful owner. then I think a modest reward to the finder of a locked drone returning it would be more inviting than nothing at all in keeping a useless drone.

Legal owner would of course have to option of using this "lock" or not.

This idea was emailed to Autel support with a favorable response that it be forwarded to the developers.

I am a bit surprised that no one said they wanted the drone to have obstacle avoidance added. Of course this would probably mean both a hardware and software modification, but it would be nice.

Reactions: Lewispeak
The ability to choose whether or not the aircraft turns toward the next waypoint when flying a waypoint mission. It would be neat to have the option to always point the front at a certain spot (like Orbit mode).

Reactions: Springer
How about just an end to app disconnects, video interference, and loss of controller connection. IOW, solid firmware.

Remove the range restriction on waypoints, add camera tilt angle, start/stop recording, take photo during waypoint mission.
Increased number of smart flight modes, similar to those included in DJI GO 4.
Foldable controller with built in display, like Karma but better designed. I think they are working on one already.
Sport mode like on the Phantom 4/Mavic.
Up to 2 mile range in a city.
Better camera for low-light, also with narrower field of view to reduce barrel distortion.
Better flight time, over 20 minutes. I typically get around 18.
360 degree camera with retracting legs, probably already in development.
Lighter body, not made of brittle plastic to allow faster acceleration, also better battery life and increased durability (already pretty durable).

That is all I could think of that weren't already posted.

I'd like to the ability to:
1) Pan the camera horizontally without moving the drone.
2) Adjust the focus and/or set the focus on a specific object.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody