Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happened to my Batteries???

Cdoms1

Reaction score
I charged all 3 of my batteries yesterday, been sitting for about 3 to 4 weeks, and 2 out of the 3 batteries say damaged. See pics, am I screwed?

I charged all 3 of my batteries yesterday, been sitting for about 3 to 4 weeks, and 2 out of the 3 batteries say damaged. See pics, am I screwed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811-114054_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811-114054_Autel Explorer.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230811-113847_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811-113847_Autel Explorer.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 18

Probably became unbalanced. Take the propellers off of your drone, put the batteries in one at a time, turn on the drone and let it sit powered on until the battery completely dies. Do this to each one that says it is damaged. Then put each one on the charger and charge it fully. That will rebalance the battery.

If a cell is bad this won't fix it, if they start swelling get rid of them immediately, if they won't charge fully, then you are out of luck and there is nothing you can do.

Probably became unbalanced. Take the propellers off of your drone, put the batteries in one at a time, turn on the drone and let it sit powered on until the battery completely dies. Do this to each one that says it is damaged. Then put each one on the charger and charge it fully. That will rebalance the battery.

If a cell is bad this won't fix it, if they start swelling get rid of them immediately, if they won't charge fully, then you are out of luck and there is nothing you can do.
Best buy has two batteries spare propeller and carry case on clearance for $66 I bought two of them

@Cdoms1 as @herein2021 said drain them completely and recharge. You may get them back. As far as maintaining the EVO1 batteries don't trust the built in discharge function. turn on your drone without the controller on (take props off if you want to I don't) and let it sit but watch it and turn it off at 2 lights. Same if you are under charged charge up to 2 lights for storage. I fly a couple other brands as well as the EVO. I use a balancing charger on them and have batteries that last quite a while. by making sure they are stored at 50%.

Reactions: EBERLS

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo