Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Premium & X-Star WiFi FIrmware Issues Version Now @ 2.0.12 Final

Go to Autel’s home page - the link is right under the picture of the XSP.

Finally had some down time today and loaded up the new FW. All went smooth. Only had a little flight time due to gusty winds ahead of the storm we are getting and wow what a difference. Literally flies like a different and better quad. I was doing low level ~3 feet slaloms through the back yard and around the house like it was nothing. Would never have attempted that the way it was. Now hopefully something got changed in the video range department. Was losing signal at anything above .22 miles

Reactions: Bigbit
Updated today the XSP and 4 batteries. Took it for a .3 mile jog from the house in a few directions with no issues. Batteries a little slower to respond to the charger, usually was instant lights on and flash to show charging status, took like 20 seconds for one battery to show status. Powered on and off all batteries and will check again on next charge. Auto land is definitely slower and much better...albeit the XSP was about 2 feet off from the takeoff/landing pad I built...just had to manually adjust a bit. I did ask AR a question regarding waypoints and what if a waypoint takes the XSP out of radio range would it fly home or continue...was told it will continue to the waypoint until complete. Guess that's ok if you set it to come home after reaching the waypoint. Need to follow up on that to make sure once waypoint is reached (like a go and hover) does it revert back to "hey wait I have no signal, I need to go home" mode.

Beta 1.1.30 loaded and tested. No crashes ever, 2 flips on landing.
Loved the yaw update!
Landings were a little fast but I usually land manually anyway.
I'm now having issues with the camera staying level, before beta had about a .2 deviation, small adjustment. Now I start at a 2 or 4 degree adjustment and it's not stable. Make one turn and it's off again.
Beta 2.0.1
Update uneventful.
Landing is great manual and automatic.
Still having issues with horizon being off, going to go through all the connections and clean them.

Just did a night flight and saw something I never saw before on my screen...spinning props. Maybe I never really hit full forward throttle in the past, or enough to pitch the XSP that far down in front? I had to down angle the cam a bit to get the props out of the video feed...anyone else seen this before? I wasn't capturing video when it happened but can tomorrow.

Happens all the time if you throttle forward hard. Appears to happen more readily with the new firmware due to its snappier acceleration.

Reactions: Wrsdas
They need to add feature of automatically updating home point. I think this is important and good to have if you are constantly mocing.

They need to add feature of automatically updating home point. I think this is important and good to have if you are constantly mocing.
It does every time you take off or you can set HP or Move HP any time with app.

I decided to do the updatd and noticed the video signal is lost around 70' and i kinda wish i never updated. Is it possible to roll back? I never had this issue before. I know it was my choice but i guess i need to be reminded to think before i leap.

@Sirloinofbeef call support, they are great and will help you. Technically there should be a way to roll back but might involve a more complex set of instructions. You can always try to update again in case something was missed or errored out and you missed the notification on the controller. Follow the instructions for doing multiple batteries, rename the firmware file and take the end characters off that are put there at the end of updating "_xxx" then put the file back on the SD card and start the procedure again...follow the firmware video. Then test fly it again. I would think solely from a firmware flashing perspective that you could take the original non-beta firmware and just do the process and it would write that firmware to the drone BUT ask Autel if that is possible as I have not verified that and just suggesting it might be possible.

@Sirloinofbeef call support, they are great and will help you. Technically there should be a way to roll back but might involve a more complex set of instructions. You can always try to update again in case something was missed or errored out and you missed the notification on the controller. Follow the instructions for doing multiple batteries, rename the firmware file and take the end characters off that are put there at the end of updating "_xxx" then put the file back on the SD card and start the procedure again...follow the firmware video. Then test fly it again. I would think solely from a firmware flashing perspective that you could take the original non-beta firmware and just do the process and it would write that firmware to the drone BUT ask Autel if that is possible as I have not verified that and just suggesting it might be possible.

This has been covered many times on a variety of forums and facebook pages, there is no rolling back. Autel support has said it any time they have been asked. Many people wanted to roll back after the first beta came out and had the NFZ bug and could not.
Talking to Autel support about connection issues is his only option. There are many reasons why he might have a bad connection and perhaps Autel support can help walk him through solving it.

This has been covered many times on a variety of forums and facebook pages, there is no rolling back. Autel support has said it any time they have been asked. Many people wanted to roll back after the first beta came out and had the NFZ bug and could not.
Talking to Autel support about connection issues is his only option. There are many reasons why he might have a bad connection and perhaps Autel support can help walk him through solving it.

Thanks Agustine, as always you are a great resource of information in here!

No rolling back on firmware updates unfortunately.
Im not sure but i have been flyinv from beside of my garage and it happened agin today at 10' .. i was really gagged and turned it off and put it away. I took it back out so my wife could see how much of a fool i can be and started in my driveway away from the garage well low and behold i hadnt any more issues. The moral of the story comes from my wife, " i told you to get away from the garage".. i shoulda listened. Its working flawlessly now. I guess there was too many things in there to cause interference. WOO-HOO!!!!!

Yeah, the XSP isn’t a very good indoor drone. Glad you’re doing better flying your toy.

Im not sure but i have been flyinv from beside of my garage and it happened agin today at 10' .. i was really gagged and turned it off and put it away. I took it back out so my wife could see how much of a fool i can be and started in my driveway away from the garage well low and behold i hadnt any more issues. The moral of the story comes from my wife, " i told you to get away from the garage".. i shoulda listened. Its working flawlessly now. I guess there was too many things in there to cause interference. WOO-HOO!!!!!
Awesome!! Great to hear!!

Reactions: Wrsdas
Unshielded nuclear reactor in your garage? Or just the new hyperspace drive? Glad you got it figured out...now for some great flying!

Maybe it's remnants of 3 mile island? I remember that day...my parents were scared to death all the way in Philly.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials