Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Premium & X-Star WiFi FIrmware Issues Version Now @ 2.0.12 Final

OK so I am seeing on the official facebook page people complaining of a herky jerky movements on any autonomous modes with Version 2.0.8 firmware.
Anyone seeing this? I really have not checked out the autonomous modes.

I've seen this when I pause and restart an orbit. I've also noticed it's not as smooth, seems to be over correcting. The tilt is still there, I'll do another calibration on my next flight.

Yes, same here for Orbit .

Previous firmware was smooth.

I have reported to Autel, please report .. the more the better !

Cider Boy.

Reactions: Wrsdas
Okay have been flying a lot since the latest firmware I've had a couple glitches I fly a lot in the waypoints mode, for some reason since the update I cannot use the point on map option while the drone sitting on the ground or just a foot or so off the ground, however, I can do point on the map while it's in off-line mission planning but when I try to load the saved routes It tells me automatically that one of my points is out of the safety area? I am going to be flying a lot all day tomorrow and do some more testing but has anybody else that with the point on the map problem?

Hey Guys, new kid on the block here (kid of age 60).

My orbit mode is completely messed up on 2.0.8. I've reported it to Autel twice, but haven't heard anything back. It's hard to believe they let this version out the door without testing orbit mode. Unfortunately I had a professional shoot after naively updating from 2.0.1 to 2.0.8 (what could possibly go wrong?) and I can't use even a few seconds of orbit footage. Hopefully I can go back to the site and do a manual orbit, and hopefully it will be smooth.

It is frustrating, but they are very aware and I am sure working hard to correct ASAP.

Let’s hope the end result returns us to the smooth Orbit of 2.0.1

Regards,
Cider Boy.

Reactions: Wrsdas
Hey all, been flying dji for awhile but looking at picking up a x star Wi-Fi tomorrow however hesitant now after seeing that there are issues with updating. Have any of these been fixed ? The x star was won few months back but never flown so I'm unsure what firmware its running.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Final version 2.0.12 still has the critical battery drop. Many people posting about it on facebook. This is a very disturbing problem as it makes flying very scary in areas you would have a hard time recovering your X-Star.
I have only had it happen once last winter and hope to never have it again.
Its almost like rolling the

rolling-dice-gif-3.gif

I have the old firmware and was going to install the new firmware today, should i or should i not? Please weigh in on this, i have heard good & bad of the new firmware, is it worth it?

The battery problem has very little to do with firmware. It has been around from day one. Just getting heard about more now as there are a lot more units out there.
Upgrading to the new firmware is night and day for the better. So I would say upgrade. A good compass calibration is very important I have found.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Final version 2.0.12 still has the critical battery drop. Many people posting about it on facebook. This is a very disturbing problem as it makes flying very scary in areas you would have a hard time recovering your X-Star.
I have only had it happen once last winter and hope to never have it again.
Its almost like rolling the

View attachment 1492
I have flown an X-Star Premium for 13 months, currently have 5 batteries, and that happened to me for the first time yesterday with the latest firmware when the remaining charge suddenly dropped from 33% to 8% with 1-minute of flight-time remaining. Fortunately it happened flying low over a paved road and I was able to make a safe landing, but I am not sure I want to "roll the dice" again until this problem has been addressed.

Thanks Agustine for the reply. Quadrotor- i have had this happen 3 times with 3 different batteries, the battery is shot, contact Autel & they will send you a new one. yes it is scary & make your butt pucker when it happens! After researching this issue & talking with Autel, the batteries have 4 cells & could happen at any time a cell goes bad, this is typical with multi cell li-po batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildDoktor
I have gotten into the habit of not going past 40% when I am not close to my home point. Seems critical drops happen mostly around 30%. From 100% to 40 % still gives me well over 12 minutes of video. Plenty for me to edit and render :)
Some good reading on smart batteries if you are interested.
BU-601: How does a Smart Battery Work? – Battery University

BU-602: How does a Battery Fuel Gauge Work? – Battery University

BU-603: How to Calibrate a “Smart” Battery – Battery University

BU-604: How to Process Data from a “Smart” Battery – Battery University

I have gotten into the habit of not going past 40% when I am not close to my home point. Seems critical drops happen mostly around 30%. From 100% to 40 % still gives me well over 12 minutes of video. Plenty for me to edit and render :)
Some good reading on smart batteries if you are interested.
BU-601: How does a Smart Battery Work? – Battery University

BU-602: How does a Battery Fuel Gauge Work? – Battery University

BU-603: How to Calibrate a “Smart” Battery – Battery University

BU-604: How to Process Data from a “Smart” Battery – Battery University
Thanks for the links. I found good information there about other types of batteries years ago, but had forgotten about the site.

Reactions: joshp1664
Guys... Electronically defined 'no fly zones' are determined by a signal (beacon) sent out from an air control facility. They are not based on a set of coordinates which are programmed into any aircraft, including fixed wing aircraft. If your drone is receiving a NFZ signal further from an airport than it should, it is NOT because of a fault with the aircraft, but, because the signal from the airport is reaching out further than it should. This can happen for a number of reasons (topography being the most common). If the aircraft receives the beacon signal from the airport, then it's going to think it's in a NFZ. That's the way it's designed; including in full-sized aircraft. If you are receiving the signal further out than 8 miles from an airport, then you should contact the airport, or the FAA. Don't contact the aircraft manufacturer as the aircraft is only doing what it is supposed to do (stay out of NFZ's).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d