Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Zoom

Rhyleh, Can you provide more information on the lens?
It would be interesting to see comparison pictures - between the standard lens and the lens you used.
Thank you.

Rhyleh, Can you provide more information on the lens?
It would be interesting to see comparison pictures - between the standard lens and the lens you used.
Thank you.
The zoom is done on the screen of the Ipad mini. The view down the track when the video starts and when it ends are taken from basically the same place

Last edited:
The zoom is done on the screen of the Ipad mini. The view down the track when the video starts and when it ends are taken from basically the same place
So can we assume you are using a digital zoom rather than an optical zoom?
Is this done during flight or afterward?

What’s New:
  1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after an update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals)
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft-landing will kick in while landing
  6. No more IMU warm-up time
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m
  8. 99 waypoints
  9. Digital zoom is available
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery
  14. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  15. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points
  16. Added altitude protection feature during flight if the Starpoint is blocked
  17. Bug fixes.
Notes:

Reactions: KentA
What’s New:
  1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after an update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals)
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft-landing will kick in while landing
  6. No more IMU warm-up time
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m
  8. 99 waypoints
  9. Digital zoom is available
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery
  14. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  15. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points
  16. Added altitude protection feature during flight if the Starpoint is blocked
  17. Bug fixes.
Notes:

I have not updated since August 11, 2017 when I installed V2.0.1 because the craft is flying well & other people reported having problems, especially with the mysterious battery drop thing.

Do you think it's time to download 2.0.12? Has Autel gotten it right this time? I'm not looking for trouble by fixing something that's not broken, but if safe improvements have been made l hate to be left behind.

So can we assume you are using a digital zoom rather than an optical zoom?
Is this done during flight or afterward?
Yes digital. The zoom was done during the flight. I am going to use it more so that I can make a smooth zoom I hope. (clumsy fingers) I am going out to a dry lake bed this morning to fly I will take a couple of photos to show the amount of zoom. I thought it was impressive and could be a useful feature.

Here are the pictures I took this morning using the zoom in PhotoMAX_0001.JPG MAX_0002.JPG

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smaxfieldapi