Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A 360 pano from my outing from today

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
-20C with wind chill @ -30C The X-Star had a blast today out at Trout Bay on Lake Superior near where I live. Not one single OHHH I'm cold comment from the x-Star lol
Wish we could post these on the site but you have to go here to look lol
Hope you like it.
Thanks for looking

Kuula | Home for your 360/VR images

Ok, so I've got to ask. How do you keep the batteries warm enough prior to and during flight to keep the bat temp warning from driving you nuts. Or do you simply fly through the pain?

Beautiful shot!
And I have to ask what you use to take your 360 images?

For the Autel XSP do not use Raw\DNG photos as they contain no Exif information.
Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option in camera settings. This helps line up your next shot. Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos at 0°
Then adjust your camera down to 45° (there is a indicator that shows your angle) and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did at 0°.
You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice.
When you have your 360 pano saved don't forget to go into the properties of the photo and make the camera changes as instructed in the video tutorial.
Additional meta info for the image properties:
Ricoh
Ricoh Theta S
Once you are finished following the the tutorial video you can upload your photo to facebook or to Kuula

Last edited:
For the Autel XSP do not use Raw\DNG photos as they contain no Exif information.
Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option in camera settings. This helps line up your next shot. Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos at 90°
Then adjust your camera down to 45° (there is a indicator that shows your angle) and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did at 90°.
You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice.
When you have your 360 pano saved don't forget to go into the properties of the photo and make the camera changes as instructed in the video tutorial.
Additional meta info for the image properties:
Ricoh
Ricoh Theta S
Once you are finished following the the tutorial video you can upload your photo to facebook or to Kuula

@Agustine knows his stuff. He got me on the right 360 photo track.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

thank you very much, i really appreciate.

No problem. This is why we are here to help each other.
I really was not to impressed with the microsoft program ICE as it would not use the EXIF info which I think helps line up the shots better. PanoramaStudio has a lot more options and even can remove a small object that you might not want in your pano. I'm no expert but I do have plenty of time to fool with this stuff and when I figure something out I usually pass it on.
Like in the tutorial I said first round of photos start off at 0 degrees.(corrected) Just by accident I had the camera at 15 degrees and it worked better in my opinion as there was not as much of a tunnel looking straight up. The clouds seemed to come together better. Experiment and find your sweet spot.
There are lots of youtube videos about how to do this.

Nice stuff and good video to explain.

I assume the expanse is frozen water? How far can you venture out?

And the orange item in the ice, is that a navigation buoy?

Thank you on behalf of all.

Keep Warm !

This is my little home away from home. Every chance I had I would be out on my favourite speckled trout lake. As I got older it got harder to brave the cold to catch fish. LOL
The fish market in those big box stores have all kinds and they are cleaned already :)
Still get out once in a while but not till around the end of March just before ice out happens.

1476393_853469871359254_4347095333468143659_n.jpg

-20C with wind chill @ -30C The X-Star had a blast today out at Trout Bay on Lake Superior near where I live. Not one single OHHH I'm cold comment from the x-Star lol
Wish we could post these on the site but you have to go here to look lol
Hope you like it.
Thanks for looking

Kuula | Home for your 360/VR images
Is that you by the car? I could not understand the prg you are using. Bad ears

-20C with wind chill @ -30C The X-Star had a blast today out at Trout Bay on Lake Superior near where I live.
————
Fantastic! Well Done! You schooled us! I will really be able to use the information you shared.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34