Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

altitude variations

newdist

Reaction score
New xstar pilot,have only flown it twice and both times it did not hold its altitude ! After take-off i took it up about 6-8 ft and when i stopped to hover it immediatly began to drop. It got within a foot of the ground and i had to fly it back up. It seems to wander up and down about 4-5 feet !I was flying over snow both times, would that affect the starpoint positioning system? Anyone else have this problem? This is not acceptable as i plan on doing some low-level flying and cant have it dropping unexpectedly !

Yes snow will definitely affect it. Read the manual it says that flying over a solid pattern will affect it’s “depth” perception. ... oh, and cold temps will affect the battery life. I got mine for Christmas and live in the cold north so I of course had to fly it even tho it was cold .... cold also affects fingers and noses!

After reading the manual i have come to the conclusion that starpoint positioning is basically useless to me ! Surfaces-no black,no white,no dark,no light,no repeat patterns(lawn,beach),no water,no reflective surfaces ! Is the GPS not supposed to take care of altitude ? Sorry for all the newbie questions,just trying to understand how it all works !

With the new firmware starpoint works perfectly in snow. I have tested it and have no problems with it. Last year in late Jan. the Starpoint did not work at all and landing on ice or snow was a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the info ! I have not installed the new firmware update yet !Hopefully my problems will go away when i update to 2.0.12

Had a battery sitting at 70% and not much time to fly so I went outside this morning fired up the X-star and flew it towards the snowbank I have in my backyard. The starpoint worked perfectly. I went slow but it just lifted itself up and over the snowbank like it should have. :)

Had a battery sitting at 70% and not much time to fly so I went outside this morning fired up the X-star and flew it towards the snowbank I have in my backyard. The starpoint worked perfectly. I went slow but it just lifted itself up and over the snowbank like it should have. :)
That's great news friend no snow yet here in the PNW but soon and I'll try too

This is a new bird so you'll want to do a firmware update. Member to update all of your batteries as well. And do a compass calibration just to be safe.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain