Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Retailer on Evo Release

slimjimtell

Reaction score
spoke to an Autel Retailer today and they did not have good news. They are saying that they have no news on when they can even order the EVO.

They have been told they might be able to pre order in July. They are NOT in production and have not set a production date. The production time is 6-8 weeks plus 5 weeks on the water. This puts it around Oct/Nov of 2018.

That is IF they even bring it to market. Its CES 2017 all over again.

Reactions: Nicbo
That sounds pretty much right on course with other manufactures releases in the past. Small companies don't have the resources like the bigger ones (DJI)
I remember when Yuneec went to release the Typhoon 4K, it was months behind and the Typhoon H was the same thing.
I laugh at all these guys selling their X-Stars hoping for a March EVO release. Think lots are going to be disappointed.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I think that's what their saying about the Typhoon H Plus. We will be lucky to see it by next Christmas.

Well I did some research on this and from one of my retail friends he said Autel is still looking at March\April release and he has already sent in a PO for 200 units to cover pre-orders.
Lets hope Autel can pull that rabbit out of the hat again.

Given a choice, I vote for Augustine's second post with a March/April release. Thanks for getting that info to us... time shall tell. I kind of suspect Autel is feeling 'pressure' since the release of the Mavic Air and the talk of the Mavic II coming around March. Go Autel... but then I would not Autel to release the EVO prematurely.

I think Autel has only two options:
1) keep nose down and finish the evo asap, whatever the market shows up, with the possibility of challenging dji with the mavic pro II, and then "catching" a piece of the cake.
2) wait and see what others do, and decide if this is worth the pain to release a (probably) outdated product once it will show up.
Evo tech specs seems better on some aspects when facing mavic pro II specs leaks (4k 60fps 100mb, front and rear obstacle avoidance, oled transmitter screen with live view display, no NFZ for the evo). So it would be a nonsense for Autel to keep waiting for the bus to go to school.
My guess is that option 1 is on its way. And we will probably be amazed (surprised for some?) to see the Evo on the market by the end of march, see early april.
Time will tell.

Well I did some research on this and from one of my retail friends he said Autel is still looking at March\April release and he has already sent in a PO for 200 units to cover pre-orders.
Lets hope Autel can pull that rabbit out of the hat again.
Again??? (scoffs)

We never got anything they promised to be "pulling out of the hat". All we have from Autel is the XS, and the XSP. Almost 2 years later, and even the firmware still isn't rock solid

LOL
Ya you are right about that. My reference of the "pulling a rabbit out of a hat" goes back to when we all were waiting on the new firmware and that expression was used by a few members on here so I thought it was appropriate. :)

Agreed. Now I'm reading of a new 'glitch' in 2.0.12, of failure to rise to the set go home altitude. Almost was going to update 1 of my birds, now, I don't know, again. Might turn out to both be golden geese, on the used market, just because of them still being on ORIGIONAL firmware.

This is the way it works with the updated firmware.

10-50m rise to 30m, come home. If above 30m, come home at current altitude 50m+ rise to rth height, come home.. If above rth height, come home at current altitude.

That's definitely not cool, especially when shooting commercial, in a crowded environment. It would be ok, if my failsafe RTH continues to be buggered, but, with my luck, it would start working again.

You do have the option to cancel or pause it.
Yeah, I know. But, the one time it bit me on the butt, was when I was flying only a couple feet below tree limbs. It got into them faster than my response time. I wasn't paying attention, as I was near the drone. As I posted in another thread, mine takes off for 400 feet, even when I'm close to it, when low battery kicks in. This is why I haven't returned the rest of my batteries, that fail the failsafe. It'll only RTH, when I command it. Works better for me. I haven't checked what happens if I turn off the transmitter lately...guess I should.

It would be nice if Autel would go over the manual and change anything that needs changing for the new firmware. There were a changes made around this RTH feature and unless you have tested it you would never know it worked that way. I installed ever beta and forget most of the changes along the way. Should have kept a log of some kind.

It would be nice if Autel would go over the manual and change anything that needs changing for the new firmware. There were a changes made around this RTH feature and unless you have tested it you would never know it worked that way. I installed ever beta and forget most of the changes along the way. Should have kept a log of some kind.
Copy that. I received another email from CS on this issue.

"I am hoping to receive info back shortly from one of the Developers. Thank you for your patience as we figure this out!"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain