Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery reset

jasonjonesis

Reaction score
could someone walk me through the battery reset? Something about holding battery power for ten seconds? And the reasons why one would do it?

The only time I would recommend doing it is if the battery will not charge. Smart batteries after 20 or so charges need to be dropped to at least 7-6 % and fully charged again so it knows just how much capacity it has left. It is in the manual to do this but if you do the 10-12 second reset at this time it will drop your battery capacity down a lot. I for one do not think a battery should drop from 100% to 82 % after 20 charges. I now have three free replacement batteries because of this.

Reactions: jasonjonesis
Augustine: I also have had 3 replacement batteries in the last 1 1/2 months with under 20 charges. My story: I was out flying 800 ft. out 200 ft. up when my battery went from 50% to 6 % instantly & went into a critical landing, I was able to over ride it & barely able make it home with 1% left. I had 2 other times flying in the mountains over 80 ft. pine trees with 35% left & went to 15 % instantly. Thankfully i was able to get it to me before dropping out of the sky!! Now i'm paranoid for long or high altitude flights. I was told by Autel that the batteries can be volatile due to being 4 cell lithium ion batteries, really? I check my m.a.h. levels before flying, making sure they are above 4500 m.a.h & all cells are level, but still PARANOID!!!!

Reactions: Rawdog
This is why i use the DU RECORDER app. every time i fly now after these battery failures, it's good insurance in case my bird falls out of the sky.

Reactions: Todd301 and fundy
The same thing happen to my,; i have 3 batteries now, all have the same problem dude, the first one occurs like 1 month ago, and they replace it, but now the other 2 have shwon the same problem , they told me that do the reset for the batteries and i didi it; sended the screenshot of the battery menu after i made it; and they said it was everything okey with the reset process. 20 minutes ago i was just flying with one of those baterries and it happened again, from 29% to 5% in 1 sec, i was able to make it home cuz i was like 100 mts away. ill say the same that ORANGE-CRUSH; im paranoid now of lossing my aircraft. i´ll try tomorrow the other battery. ill let u know.

Of those having this problem,what is the flight duration time showing when you first connect? i have one battery that shows 51 minutes at flight start. This is not accurate, as these batteries cannot go much more than 20 on average. when flight time approaches 31 minutes, the LEDs go suddenly from 3 to 1, and autolanding is engaged. This behavior is consistent for me, so I can reproduce it easily. CS seems to be interested in collecting information. Maybe it will lead to a root cause for these problems.

Of those having this problem,what is the flight duration time showing when you first connect? i have one battery that shows 51 minutes at flight start. This is not accurate, as these batteries cannot go much more than 20 on average. when flight time approaches 31 minutes, the LEDs go suddenly from 3 to 1, and autolanding is engaged. This behavior is consistent for me, so I can reproduce it easily. CS seems to be interested in collecting information. Maybe it will lead to a root cause for these problems.

Do you know how to hook your X-Star up to your computer to get the telemetry data from those flights? I would be very interested in seeing that file.
If you don't its pretty easy if you follow these steps.
If you are interested it doing this a posting a link for the file in question that would be great.

How to pull the logs from the X-Star
  • Connect microUSB->USB cable to jack in the front of your X-Star and place near your PC
  • Power up RC, App then X-Star.
  • go to Flight Control Settings > Advanced Settings
    • Android-> Click on "Read" next to Read Flight Data
    • IOS->Click on "Enter" next to Flight Data Recorder
    • Connect the USB cable to your PC
  • Copy the files to another drive.
  • Unmount the X-Star from the computer
  • Disconnect the X-Star and power it down.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb