Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Beacon light quit working. EVO MAX 4 T.

Reaction score
I purchased an Autel EVO MAX 4T about 3.5 weeks ago. I’ve been through the latest updates and everything is getting better and better with those each time. One problem I have now is that my top beacon light has just quit working. Worked just fine for the first couple of weeks or so, then out of the blue (no pun) it just didn’t work anymore. No damage, no crash, No dropping of the case, etc. It just doesn’t work any longer. When I press the button on the controller to engage beacon light…….. nothing. Anyone else having issues? It really kind of sucks that you drop 10,000.00 on a drone and something like this happens, and it has to go back to Autel to be fixed for God knows how long. Trying to get in touch with my supplier now, and it’s been a little rough with that process so far.
Frustrating.

I purchased an Autel EVO MAX 4T about 3.5 weeks ago. I’ve been through the latest updates and everything is getting better and better with those each time. One problem I have now is that my top beacon light has just quit working. Worked just fine for the first couple of weeks or so, then out of the blue (no pun) it just didn’t work anymore. No damage, no crash, No dropping of the case, etc. It just doesn’t work any longer. When I press the button on the controller to engage beacon light…….. nothing. Anyone else having issues? It really kind of sucks that you drop 10,000.00 on a drone and something like this happens, and it has to go back to Autel to be fixed for God knows how long. Trying to get in touch with my supplier now, and it’s been a little rough with that process so far.
Frustrating.
Just in case you might not know: Check Settings, More, Light Settings and ensure Stealth Mode is NOT turned on.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, checked all of that. It’s definitely just not working as it should for some reason. I have noticed that if I switch it on, and actually press down on the beacon light with a small amount of pressure, that it will give me about 4-5 good blinks, but then quits again. This alone leads me to believe it may be an interior contact problem possibly.

Yes, those Accesories are sub par, so they will be the first to go, my advice strange as it my be is to find a replacement part on your own , than send in the Light for a replacement .

I remember this happned on the Mavic 3 Enterprise and it took them 6 Months for them to send me the replacement light but that was part covid and not having any parts anyway.

As long as your other Accesories are working , and you just need the light, thats the plan I would take.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in th Rain.

Yes, those Accesories are sub par, so they will be the first to go, my advice strange as it my be is to find a replacement part on your own , than send in the Light for a replacement .

I remember this happned on the Mavic 3 Enterprise and it took them 6 Months for them to send me the replacement light but that was part covid and not having any parts anyway.

As long as your other Accesories are working , and you just need the light, thats the plan I would take.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in th Rain.
..seems a lot for a 10k bird. Probably a bad solder. ..but I am trying to hold my patience before getting
help.

Last edited:
Frustrating.
Yes, similar thing happen to my max 4T. The beacon light would sometimes work and sometimes not. Also, the internal fan was making a hell of a noise. I sent the drone in for repair. I just hope that they don’t take several Months to repair it.

We had a customer that had the same issue with the beacon light. We contacted Autel support on his behalf and they had an RMA labeled sent out within 30 minutes. It is a problem with the top shell , according to Autel.

I sent my Max 4t in in August after it glitched lost connection and video. It was only 200 feet away in my line of sight so flew it to with in 30 feet and it just quit flying and dropped luckily into a young juniper tree that saved it ftom major damage. I immediately called Autel and got a Case number and instructions to send in for evaluation. Then 3 weeks later a package was left outside my gate without an email from Autel or tracking number that it was on its way back to me.
I was shocked and thankful no one took it. I can only imagine now the hassle I would have had if i never got it. Long story short after the 2nd glitch I immediately called in to report incident of it flying erratically and not landing...I had to grab it and pull out the battery as it would not shut down with down and outward stick inputs!

During the call I asked what repairs had been done? I was shocked when they said the strobe light wa fixed!

My confidence sank even more.
They said to do a IMU calibration and reset and it would be ok to fly.
The 3rd flight after takeoff 30 seconds after ascending to 100 feet in a
remote desert area it malfunctioned and would not Respond to my inputs on the Remote controller. I pressed RTH after 1 minute of trying to fly it lost connection and flew away.
$10,000.00+ later.
A very unsettling experience.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Takashira
Frustrating.
100% agree. I sent my Max 4 T in for repair in August from my Max losing connection with the RC screen frozen. It didnt return home as it was supposed to and just quit flying and dropped from 40'.
It was saved from major damage thanks to it crash landing into a soft branched tree.
I sent in for a repair and only fixed the strobe light. It was back in my hands in 3 weeks.
Get insurance if you can . Mine malfunctioned and flew away!
Autel reviewed my data they requested. They conveniently claimed that nothing wrong with my craft!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bibo