Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Collision data

Reaction score
Good day, I did a quick search and didn't find anything... May not have used the correct wording, but does anyone know of any reports detailing collisions, damages, injuries, and the like?

I am not familiar with any person or agency who keeps such statistics. Normally, when a person crashes their drone, they either bury it or else fix it, and PRIDE keeps them from telling others about the crash. :)

You might get somewhat of an idea by posing a question on this forum; asking others if they've ever crashed, and so on.

I've never crashed my Autel, but I've crashed my Bayangtoys X16 many times and only once I needed a new part. I think having a cheaper drone to test skills is a must. The X16 is light and can take a fall without damage. As for peoples injuries, there are quit a few nasty cuts from drones on youtube. I'm sure someone has got a blade cut with an Autel.. I agree with Cori, pride will keep people from posting, but heck I've done some stupid things in my life, but I'm super careful around my drone.. Might come from flying RC Heli's. Anything that spins at these rpm's is dangerous.

Then in replace of the 'report' request, has anyone ever had their drone have a sudden loss of power and drop in mid-flight?

And in the event that a unit came in contact with a person, was the injury a sever laceration, slight laceration, or mainly that of bruising akin to a blunt force?

If things work out, I'll be happy to share my data for others to use.

I’ve never suddenly lost power, but lately I’ve had mine suddenly give critical battery power warnings and land immediately... wherever it happened to be! Just missed the water last weekend.
And since pride goes before the fall, I’ll tell you I’ve crashed twice. Both times were in the very top of the highest tree in our neighborhood, about 90’. It fell all the way to the ground fortunately, and only broke a prop and dislodged the camera mount the first time, and no damage the second. Not even scratches to go with. This is one sturdy drone IMHO.

Thanks Qfraiser, that does help for sure.
Sundog775, I actually found ASSURE's report and have read the entire thing. I'm actually using it now. But in addition was looking for those who have experienced a total loss of power and those I've talked to both in person and online, I have not heard of one instance yet.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel