Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DIY aftermarket chargers for the EVO

And the price is right for the features set. It is made by YX the same as many of the others being hacked.

Whoa it even looks cool :)

YX triggers nostalgia as my first Parrot Bebop Drone battery (bought defective drone w(/o battery) was from XY, first RTF drone, only DIY before :)

Reactions: parkgt
Not sure what has happened to this charger but I know Ansia did a review on it and was very impressed. Last I heard they had a Hub for the EVO II but really have not heard to much since then.

Not sure what has happened to this charger but I know Ansia did a review on it and was very impressed. Last I heard they had a Hub for the EVO II but really have not heard to much since then.
While that is nice, its "just" a charger.

I would love to have a charger that can keep my batteries at a defined level.
while 40% - 60% are perfect for storage i dont like that as its just a short flight time if i forget to charge them beforehand.
And as we know 100% is dangerous for the batteries ( i have like $1000 in popped LiIo's here :-( ).

I would choose maybe %80 or %85 charge as that is already VERY good for storage and offers a serious flight time or just a very quick charge to get to 100%

THAT would be *the* one.

(I think i just fell in Love with that dreamed-up charger)

:p

My dream charger would be a USB-C charger that can charge and discharge a battery at the batteries specs in less then 40 minutes. LOL

Uhhhhhhh HAIL THE KING:

Just $439.00 :p

My dream charger would be a USB-C charger that can charge and discharge a battery at the batteries specs in less then 40 minutes. LOL

Well as the smart batteries limit the maximum charge power the 40 minutes are not doable without modding the battery controller (which is also doable and has been done but thats a different story).

BUT the rest is easy.
You buy a USB-C PD power supply with suitable Power and Voltage Outputs and you can get cheap circuitry to select the desired Standard Voltage (e.g. 5 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 20)
Like this one (100W version): USB-C Type-C PD2.0 3.0 to DC USB Fast Charge Trigger Poll Detector ZYPDS ZY12PDN | eBay

So choose the next one higher then you need. Then just add a DC2DC and attach all that to the raw cable i linked above.

EASY :)

Can''t figure out why there aren't more chargers that offer the ability to also just charge to storage level. I guess as long as many are willing to pay $80.00 for a power supply they will keep making them that way.

I am waiting for this awesome charger:
and if you want here there is a coupon for 10% discount: AP2020LUKA
There are 2 pieces: the hub that use the stock AUTEL charger or the hub + station

Reactions: Ender
There are 2 pieces: the hub that use the stock AUTEL charger or the hub + station

Way too expensive for a power supply with no added charge modes!

Way too expensive for a power supply with no added charge modes!
The HUB is only 59,99USD and than cheaper than Autel HUB and it can work with stock charger
The dock station is more powerfull and allow to charge ALL batteries in the same times
When I will receive it I will update this post

Well the truly interesting stuff can only be done if the charger is really smart in the way that he can "speak" the serial protocoll of the data lines.
THEN the charger can know the single cell voltages and e.g. charge to a certain voltage.
The power supplies used here are just that, power supplies offering a stable voltage up to specced current draw.

Ender

Reactions: lukappaseidue

That looks exactly the same as the charger Ansia reviewed from our forum member @Hillel-Lemuel . I have not seen him for some time logged in so I wonder if they bought him out or if its the same company that has maybe expanded or just stole his idea.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
"... AND that Voltage is to be held constant even when discharging with full Amperage..."

I cannot speak with certainty that this is untrue about Autel Drone batteries but can certainly say that it is not true about most lithium batteries or chargers. The Imax B6AC one of the best there is out there, does not apply constant voltage or constant current during a charge cycle.it will begin the cycle under the desired voltage but at the max current rating specified in the settings. The voltage will incrementally adjust up until it reaches max voltage and then the amperage will incrementally adjust down until reaching zero and the charge cycle is considered complete. I believe this is SOP for a full balance charging on all top grade lithium chargers. Both of my ISDTs work in this manner as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE