Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI just launched the MAVIC PRO 2 and MAVIC ZOOM!

JSTorsrud

Reaction score
Most of you already know what DJI just launched.

Autel must be CRAPPING THEIR PANTS!

Although I have weaned myself off DJI products, except for my Phantoms. I doubt I'll be purchasing this new drone.

If AUTEL IS ON TOP OF THEIR GAME, they will improve the EVO to compete with the MAVIC Series.

We shall see.

Watching it now and feeling like a chump.
Hyperlapse and OA are amazing.

Evo can't even do a smooth orbit.

But something hit me at the beginning when he was talking about using the Mavic to save the climber: "Sorry. Restricted area. You'll have to die."

If their strategy is anything like it was for the Mavic Air, the reviews will be available immediately after the presentation finishes.

I'm wondering if dolly zoom was the reason for the delay. Because it's still jerky.

Anyway, phenomenal product. Craig's List should be pretty jammed with Mavics and Phantoms in a couple weeks. :)

Only time will tell with AUTEL? They will either improve EVO or not??? Should incorporate some of the new DJI software features into a re-invented XSTar. Preferably with RETRACTS and a 360 Degree Camera. I personally love my X Star and the EVO is pretty good too. Taking out this weekend to hopefully get some new material to post, assuming they let me fly there!

Is it possible for the Evo to do that Hyperlapse with a software update, or am I dreaming?

Feeling envy. Lol

Reactions: Gfd1182
Can't wait to get my hands on that Hasselblad camera with 10 bit D-Log and a 1" sensor and mechanical shutter! :cool:
Other than price, the EVO has been topped. Why Autel went with a 1/2.3 sensor is beyond me. That is old news.View attachment 2634
Beyond me too.... H.265 has been around for a few years too, better for 4K compression than H.264, but it take a much more powerful on-board processor to use it. Optical zooms are great, but they tend to let-in less light, so I wonder if the low-light sensitivity suffers in any way... It flies for one more minute than EVO, LOL, that's kinda petty DJI, like Spinal Tap turning the volume up to 11....

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Well with the price difference, Autel still has the edge for the more budget minded and it is still a nice quad, I just think they would have gotten more mileage out of it with a 1" sensor.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Well with the price difference, Autel still has the edge for the more budget minded and it is still a nice quad, I just think they would have gotten more mileage out of it with a 1" sensor.
autel has a 1in sensor in the works

autel has a 1in sensor in the works
We have heard that before for the XSP...
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 6.30.57 PM✨.png
SOURCE:Autel Robotics Announces New Camera Modules for X-Star Series Drones at CES 2017 | Autel Robotics

If they continue this way they will always be last in line picking up scraps. With DJI selling more Mavic's than ever you can bet the Mavic Pro 3 is already in the works. Autel will be just getting around to a 1" sensor and DJI will be rolling out 6K. I like Autel, I know I am critical of them sometimes but it is because I believe they are one of the few players who if they play their cards right could earn a substantial customer base from ex-DJI owners. It is all set up, all they have to do is come out with something better than existing platforms with a wow factor built in. I hope someday they can succeed.

Yes, a 1” sensor can offer users options simply not available on smaller sensors. If Parrot could do it on a $699 drone, imager cost couldn’t have been the reason. And, if Autel is working on a 1” sensor camera for the EVO, folks should ask those (me), who initially bought an XSP b/c such a camera was said to be in the works in 2016..............then shelved...

Yes, a 1” sensor can offer users options simply not available on smaller sensors. If Parrot could do it on a $699 drone, imager cost couldn’t have been the reason. And, if Autel is working on a 1” sensor camera for the EVO, folks should ask those (me), who initially bought an XSP b/c such a camera was said to be in the works in 2016..............then shelved...
Duh, I should stick to moving to Arizona. Anafi doesn’t have a 1” sensor, just a better 1/2.4 21mp sensor for $699... :(

Last edited:
Can't wait to get my hands on that Hasselblad camera with 10 bit D-Log and a 1" sensor and mechanical shutter! :cool:
Other than price, the EVO has been topped. Why Autel went with a 1/2.3 sensor is beyond me. That is old news.View attachment 2634
I have a feeling DJI cornered the market on the 1" sensor to make sure the competition was shut down. The original ideas for the EVO as far as I heard was or is to have 3 cameras the current one for first release, then a 1" and further down the line, I beleive it's either a 360 or a IR, don't remember now. So as soon as the 1" sensor production frees up we might see a new EVO version.

There are different ways of looking at this 1" sensor. First question you should ask yourself am I going to use it as a professional so I can justify the extra cost? If not that camera is just a waist of your money. Captain Drone put out a very good video on these new DJI cameras. Basically saying if all you are doing is sharing on social media and friends and family don't waist your money on the pro model.

has anyone heard where a new mp2 owner flew his mp2 for 2 minutes then laid his drone down and the gimble came apart
appears dji glues the gimble together
wow!

I have a feeling DJI cornered the market on the 1" sensor to make sure the competition was shut down. The original ideas for the EVO as far as I heard was or is to have 3 cameras the current one for first release, then a 1" and further down the line, I beleive it's either a 360 or a IR, don't remember now. So as soon as the 1" sensor production frees up we might see a new EVO version.
Not sure I agree with that. They also promised the same for the XSP, multiple swapable cameras including a 1” sensor model. It never happened. Many people like me bought an XSP based on these promises. The EVO was shown and the notice of discontinuation for the XSP went out. They went cheap with a smaller sensor that has been in use for several years in many cameras. Autel needs to think big and go for it or DJI will always be the king of consumer drones. DJI made an aggressive plan and they dominate because of it. I hope Autel does come out with these ghost cameras for EVO owners. It will help to extend the life and make it more useful and competitive.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evo1jg