Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone Networks.

redleger

Reaction score
Website
www.marshallpoland.myportfolio.com
So I've had my Part 107 for over a month now. I immediately signed up for every network I could find. Droners, Droneup, Zeitview, and IskyFilms, and FlyGuys. I've been flying every weekend on my own making short videos and trying to put myself out there. Droners dot IO is the only site that has jobs. I haven't had a job at all from the others. Even then I've only had two from Droners within 70 miles of my location. Is this a function of where I live, or is this the norm now? What is the experience with these networks in yall's part of the world?

The networks are virtually all going to pay you very little to drive a long way and take a few pictures. Expect disappointment. If you're in a very busy suburban area, that may be a lot of cheap crappy jobs. Anywhere else, expect very few jobs if any.

Networking yourself locally, and advertising on local social media groups is far more productive.

The networks are virtually all going to pay you very little to drive a long way and take a few pictures. Expect disappointment. If you're in a very busy suburban area, that may be a lot of cheap crappy jobs. Anywhere else, expect very few jobs if any.

Networking yourself locally, and advertising on local social media groups is far more productive.
I was aware of the pitfalls of drone network jobs, but I was expecting some experience to offset that. I'm not in a large urban area, and my goal in the long-term is to work with ranchers using thermal drone technology, but I'm saving up to get there. In the mean time I figured some cheap real estate jobs would help me get there faster. Lawton, Oklahoma real estate agents don't use drones, that I've seen, and selling them on it has been like uneventful in my few attempts. Was kinda hoping to finally enter the private sector and leave GS, but that's looking unlikely.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo