Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dynamic Tracking - what can we expect? How good is it?

C

Colorado_scott

So I'm looking at the Dynamic Tracking (DT) video on the Autel web, under the EVO.

In the examples you see a little green box (I assume the pilot has drawn around the object to be tracked) but in most instances the 'object' is the only thing in the frame - other than one swimming video from above where there are other swimmers in the frame. There is a car being tracked from above, but no other cars going the other way, there is a large boat of some sort, the only boat in the frame, one person jumping on a bike - the only person in the frame. I also noted on the CES video, the person inside the glass cage is very close to the EVO, so the only person in the frame.

But what happens if another car, going the other way, enters the frame - could the DT perhaps pick up the other car (in close vicinity as it passed the tracked car) and lock on that car.. then the EVO (in this case) starts following the wrong car? That would be disastrous - all of a sudden the drone starts following the other car, or the other sail boat, or another biker, ... I'm sure its as good as the algorithm that defines the tracking, but for those that have used DT, how good is it?

My application might be, I'm on a walk with my wife, a paved path with some trees overhanging the path. The EVO is above me 30' so it does not hit the trees. There are other walkers on the path too, some passing me, walking faster than I am, others walking the other way on the path. Will the dynamic tracking stay locked on me with others in such close vicinity? I played with GPS tracking on another drone and the 'lock' was on my GPS phone, so others could be in my vicinity but it did not matter, the drone would follow the phone, not me specifically, but it would know where the phone was and follow that - so as long as the phone was in my pocket, or on my bike, or in my boat, I'd be followed.

Thoughts?

Nobody can answer your question of how well tracking will work since the EVO has yet to be released to the public. I'm sure Autel's engineers are working hard to perfect their tracking, but I think we'll have to wait and see reviews of the tracking on Youtube.

Oh, thought other products used this same technology - but if not, clearly does not make sense. Thanks

Oh, thought other products used this same technology - but if not, clearly does not make sense. Thanks
You're correct that other manufacturers use tracking. DJI as far as I am aware is the only other company to use non-GPS tracking. But, who knows if the EVO's tracking will work better/worse than DJI's, since it's software.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evo1jg