Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro V3 RTK + Smart Controller - Nothing but trouble

Viperkid

Reaction score
So I've been operating a V2 Pro Rtk for over a year now with next to no issues, it produced better results than the Anafi and the Ebee Plus that I had been flying previously. When I saw the V3 RTK was out, I got permission from the boss and ordered, that was the start of all my problems.

The first Smart Controller had an unchargeable battery.

Autel eventually decided to send me a new one, but I was to return the (again, never used, never flown with) defective controller at my own cost.

The new controller showed up, it cannot pair to the drone at all, same model controller, but unlike the one with the dying battery, I cannot pair it at all. I explained the steps that I took trying to remedy the issues, that I had blinking green lights on both the RC and the drone, and they responded (despite the app, the manual and EVERY piece of literature saying otherwise) that the lights blink yellow for pairing. (No, this isn't the case, I could pair it to the original with the green lights flashing just fine, there is no way to make all 4 lights flash yellow).

I think I've hit the point where the whole thing is getting packaged up and sent back to Autel, I just spent the last year telling everyone around me how much I loved the V2, and now I'm just disappointed and ready to change brands.

I did the same thing with the V3 Enterprise a few weeks back. Unchangeable battery in the SC PRO, Also purchased via Amazon. Autel told me it would be easier to return the drone than wait for a battery. I didn’t reorder.

Unfortunately in my experience the Autel policy regarding the SE Controller for the EVO ll v 3 is SELL IT AND FORGET IT. Looks like it’s the same across all models.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan