Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo and Crystal Sky monitor

Bill Dunnuck

Reaction score
Have any of you used the Crystal Sky monitor with your Evo? I downloaded Exployer app to Crystal Sky. It all looks good except the map section which shows China. How do you cache maps to Exployer? The X Star app could do it but the Exployer is different.
If any of you have flown your Evo with Crystal Sky, can you share it with us. The CS is a terrific monitor (very bright) and works well with my Mavic Pro1.
Bill Dunnuck

I think in this video he said you can't get maps. Seemed to remember he mentioned it someplace in the video.
And there are already a few posts on the crystal sky, the search option is your friend :)

I think in this video he said you can't get maps. Seemed to remember he mentioned it someplace in the video.
And there are already a few posts on the crystal sky, the search option is your friend :)

I’ve watched it several time and don’t recall that maps are not available. That’s the only video on You Tube discussing the CS and Evo. There is anorherbon unrelated discussing how to cache maps with the old XStar. Different app. Employer doesn’t offer caching maps for Evo. Using the Crystal Sky will spoil you.

I’ve watched it several time and don’t recall that maps are not available. That’s the only video on You Tube discussing the CS and Evo. There is anorherbon unrelated discussing how to cache maps with the old XStar. Different app. Employer doesn’t offer caching maps for Evo. Using the Crystal Sky will spoil you.
Watched video again and maps did come up for Captain Drone. He also mentioned caching maps if you are flying in an area without cell service or internet. Back to square one. How to get maps?

Watched video again and maps did come up for Captain Drone. He also mentioned caching maps if you are flying in an area without cell service or internet. Back to square one. How to get maps?
Just do a simple google maps apk search. Just did and got many results. Would post a link, but I believe it's not allowed.

I don’t think Google maps are available on CS.
This should help you greatly in your endevours.

The problem that I found with Google Maps on the Crystal Sky is that the CS will not allow you to log into Google Maps and, unlike my Android tablet, there is no way to store your Google account on the CS.

Initially, Captain Drone thought he was able to get Google Maps on the CS but it turns out that he could not. I thought he had clarified that in the comments section.

DJI is being CS ? about allowing users to use Google Maps and I believe that this is something they could easily correct if they wanted to. :mad:

The problem that I found with Google Maps on the Crystal Sky is that the CS will not allow you to log into Google Maps and, unlike my Android tablet, there is no way to store your Google account on the CS.

Initially, Captain Drone thought he was able to get Google Maps on the CS but it turns out that he could not. I thought he had clarified that in the comments section.

DJI is being CS ? about allowing users to use Google Maps and I believe that this is something they could easily correct if they wanted to. :mad:
Captain Drone actually showed maps on CS. Very strange. That’s why I was surprised when China came up on mine. ?. The CS is nothing but a tablet. I’m thinking it will still work but no maps. I don’t have maps on my Typhoon H Plus and live with it. Autel is really steering me away from using CS. Bad blood between Autel and DJI. Just got worse having lost the lawsuit. What do you think about giving it a shot? Can’t believe others aren’t discussing using CS.

Captain Drone does indeed mention in his comments that Google maps were not available. Didn’t see that earlier. I wonder if Google maps can be downloaded using a micro sd card?

I wonder if Google maps can be downloaded using a micro sd card?
My first impulse would be to say no to that suggestion. However, judging by the way that Google Maps finds the maps which I downloaded onto the tablet while at home online, it might be possible if you knew the file names and locations of files downloaded onto another device (tablet or PC) you could copy them to the CS using a sd card as an intermediary.
What do you think about giving it a shot?
In the ever bright CA sun, I cannot see anything on any of my tablets or laptops even with sun shades. The CS now allows me to fly with full access to the flight settings and controls available in the Explorer app and see the drone's eyeview. Not having the maps is a bummer but without the CS, I am not flying at all.

A preowned Galaxy Note 8 is around $350 right now. It's screen is brighter than the CS, almost as big, and has google maps. Just a thought to consider.

The Galaxy is a great solution but I already own the CS and use it with my MP1. Just ordered the CS bracket for my LifThor so I’m going to have a go at it without maps. Once you use the CS you are spoiled being able to actually see the screen. Bright in Florida too. Thanks for your help. Surprised more members aren’t pursuing the use of CS with Evos.
Bill

Reactions: Ansia
I live closer to the Equator than you, so I know all about the bright sun. I use the Galaxy S8. Not as bright as the Note 8's 1400 nits, but it's 1,000 nits. I believe the CS is 1100 nits.

I live closer to the Equator than you, so I know all about the bright sun. I use the Galaxy S8. Not as bright as the Note 8's 1400 nits, but it's 1,000 nits. I believe the CS is 1100 nits.
I hear you. I have too many tablets and phones now and want to make the CS work. We will see.
Thank you for your imput. Good fall back position if necessary.
Bill

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm