Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO being shown again

bjtap

Reaction score
28471909_1906576979652361_751870128851084273_n.png

IWCE Expo starts tomorrow and we will be flying the EVO in the Drone Zone at 11 AM and 2 PM

DXoa-oFXcAAaAX2.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
Didn't they last year at CES fly the latest "folding landing gear, rotating camera drone"?

Didn't they last year at CES fly the latest "folding landing gear, rotating camera drone"?
If you go back and review video clips from the 2017 CES, you will see that those features were introduced strictly as concepts. They were presented as examples of ideas they were working on, not examples of specific products in development. There were never any “promises” made about those features being introduced on the X-Star. There were actually only three specific items related to the X-Star that were announced: The camera module with the 1” sensor, the FLIR thermal camera module, and the SDK. Everything else shown was conceptual, and at least three of those concepts have actually materialized on the EVO - dynamic tracking, obstacle avoidance and a built-in monitor on the controller.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Thanks for the info Sundog.

Wouldn't the EVO have to be available for purchase before we could say the features actually materialized?

So relative to the XSP, they are 0 for 3. What's your point?
Agreed, that's a pretty poor track record, and I'm not defending their failures on those points at all. My only point is that I've seen a lot of references to features like obstacle avoidance, folding landing gear and the rotating camera being items that were promised for the XSP, which wasn't the case.

Evo : Can i copy your homework?
Mavic : Yeah..you know what to do, just do not make it exactly as the same

**just kidding :D

Evo : Can i copy your homework?
Mavic : Yeah..you know what to do, just do not make it exactly as the same

**just kidding :D
In my opinion, EVO is a perfected Mavic. Only thing I would like to see in addition is a 1" sensor model. Other than that, it is the best drone ever. We'll see what the Mavic II brings to the table.

I’ll be fielding additional questions from my interview with the Autel team on Sunday at 8PM. I looked at the track record as well and then I had a conversation with Tim and it shed light on some things that has happened and the approach they take when creating a product

Reactions: Sundog775
I’ll be fielding additional questions from my interview with the Autel team on Sunday at 8PM. I looked at the track record as well and then I had a conversation with Tim and it shed light on some things that has happened and the approach they take when creating a product
Thanks very much for the excellent and informative review - EVO just keeps looking better and better!

Tim has always been straight up with me. Honesty is the best policy, I always say. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaksunDr