Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Firmware Update

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Asked Andrew what was in the update. Wanted to know if they had addressed the tilted horizon issue. Seems the gimbal did get a update this time around. Will have to watch for more videos to see if it is fixed.

"Hi Don, The release notes are available when you download the update. However, I do not have any additional information about bug fixes. These are usually very minor changes, for example like changing the text. The Gimbal did receive an update which has improved the horizon tilt. Our team has identified the root cause and have been working on the next update to resolve the issue completely."

Well this does not sound very promising. This is a post on another forum from a new owner who just did the new firmware update. Not good from what he said.

"Manage to get a flight in today after the firmware update and seem to have made the horizon tilt worse. Tried to restart the craft to see if that would help but it didn’t. Will try to get another flight in today. As of now you can’t recalibrate the gimbal like the Mavic. Also found that you bound to get the left prop in the video flying forward around 20 mph. Can be avoided if flying slower or tilting the gimbal down slightly. The reason for getting the prop is because the camera isn’t center like the Mavic ."

Wow! Not only has Autel copied DJI Mavic but seems they have the same crappy software engineers too! Welcome to our world of DJI updates breaking everything! :confused:

Stick around :p

"Our team has identified the root cause and have been working on the next update to resolve the issue completely."

Oh boy can't wait. Money is burning a hole in my pocket. Do I spend it on Yanks or the French :rolleyes:

Stick around :p

"Our team has identified the root cause and have been working on the next update to resolve the issue completely."

Oh boy can't wait. Money is burning a hole in my pocket. Do I spend it on Yanks or the French :rolleyes:
More French or China. Support is here but the rest isn't.

Honestly it's a race to the bottom. Dji is known not to work with my devices and has horrendous service. Autel has a reputation for great service but cannot get out of their own way in every other sense. And every update gets progressively worse on the gimbal. Parrot appears to have a very good drone but has a reputation for less than perfect products and less than stellar customer service.

I wonder if LG, Sony, or Lenovo have ever thought of building drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
When I first fired up my Evo there was no message to upgrade firmware. Is it automatic, or do I need to do an upgrade query somehow?

When I first fired up my Evo there was no message to upgrade firmware. Is it automatic, or do I need to do an upgrade query somehow?
It pops up on the screen after you have been connected to the explorer app and the aircraft for 30 to 60 seconds.

Well, the French's is similar to the X-Star. Only available sensor is on the bottom. I'm sure the OAS feature on the EVO is great, but I'm so paranoid I don't let my XSP out of my sight anyways, this is why I fly it only roughly a quarter mile away from me. Plus I'm not good at gauging the drone distance from an object just by looking at the screen. So I'll probably buy French. I'm really digging that 180 degree camera and the dolly zoom. Unless, of course the French is also all hype. Gonna wait until it's in the market for a few months.

I guess mine had the latest firmware out of the store, because nothing has popped up yet prompting me to upgrade. So far no problems.
You have to be connected to wi fi or cellular. The update has only been out for a few days, so there is little chance it's updated already. I would check the version in the explorer app.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman