Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro RTK Altitude Restricted?

dlm3205

Reaction score
I’m a licensed part 107 as well as an IFR pilot. I fly drones for the police department t as well as for private work. I use an Autel EVO II Pro RTK. I also have an EVO.

Two recent events where my II Pro refused to fly above 400’:
1. Crash scene. I needed to get above a building that was blocking the view of some of the scene. Drone would not go above 400. I should be able to fly 400’ above the tallest object should I not?

2. During the eclipse. I live in the path of totality. I wanted the drone up to 480-500’ which would have put me 400’ above the tallest trees. I was out near a large forested area and wanted to get a time-lapse of the shadow crossing across the forest and lake. The drone wouldn’t go above 398’

When I first bought the old EVO 5-6 years ago (and before getting my 107), that sucker would go up to 1,500 AGL no problem. I have since never taken it above 400 and haven’t used it in over a year since I bought the RTK.

I bought Autel because DJI geofences their drones. Is Autel now doing something similar with altitude? It’s obviously not correct in the case of the crash scene. Do I need an override code from Autel?

I appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyInspect