Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flew by RC (not app), Disconnected, aircraft attempted to land, lost. Evo 2 Pro V1

Reaction score
Good evening,

Just as the title states, the unit disconnected with 32% battery life left on the E2 Pro V1 and 89% on the RC (not smartcontroller). I was flying by RC, not by Explorer app.

I was on a return to home pathway, manually flying over a wooded development at 375ft altitude, with clear LOS. Upon my first disconnect I attempted to continue my flight path home to me, but the aircraft was unresponsive. I then pushed the RTH button, but the RC still showed "connecting".

I then had a picture reappear as it was descending through 270ft over trees. I nudged it over a bit to an open area, and then lost picture again. When it reappeared one more time at 81ft, still descending into the open area, I pulled back on the left stick and held it back. It then disconnected again.

We searched the area for almost four hours with no luck. A neighbor even offered to scan the tree canopy with binoculars. I had thought for sure I would be able to at least see the FoxFurry lights still flashing after the aircraft battery died, but those didn't help this time either.

Is there a way to use the data in the RC to locate the downed, dead battery aircraft?

I would like to make one more attempt before I put all of this gear up for sale.

I appreciate any direction you could point me in, if there is still a way to use what I have to locate it. Thank you,

Ryan

So sorry for your loss. I am personally insured against drone loss with State Farm. I recommend it.

Not gonna help you now n fortunately,but…

This.

I’ve had one for years. Never had to use one in anger, but in testing, it works well.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth