Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Lock/lens cover

Squirrel!

Reaction score
OK, so we all know the original lock that comes with the drone, sucks and we need a better option. Unlike the DJI Phantom series where everyone and their brother is printing the locks and there are a gazillion of them out there, the Autel only has 2...1 that Autel designed that does not fit over lens filters, And the other from PolarPro. I bought both.

The Autel gimbal lock works well...but it won't fit over the ND filters on the camera and the filter must be removed in order to use the cover. Also, that 'snap on' feature is going to break something someday, I have a feeling.

So, after 2 months of using the Autel model, I ordered the PolarPro and honestly didn't think it would work very well. Was I wrong (and happily so)!!! The PolarPro gimbal lock/lens cover IS what you want! This thing is so nice, so easy to install/remove & the black color looks great too! Highly recommend the PolarPro version. P1140707.JPG P1140708.JPG21124127_1650017951699632_1405091930_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I may have to order one to test out...but i'm pretty smitten with the PolarPro. ;)

OK, so we all know the original lock that comes with the drone, sucks and we need a better option. Unlike the DJI Phantom series where everyone and their brother is printing the locks and there are a gazillion of them out there, the Autel only has 2...1 that Autel designed that does not fit over lens filters, And the other from PolarPro. I bought both.

The Autel gimbal lock works well...but it won't fit over the ND filters on the camera and the filter must be removed in order to use the cover. Also, that 'snap on' feature is going to break something someday, I have a feeling.

So, after 2 months of using the Autel model, I ordered the PolarPro and honestly didn't think it would work very well. Was I wrong (and happily so)!!! The PolarPro gimbal lock/lens cover IS what you want! This thing is so nice, so easy to install/remove & the black color looks great too! Highly recommend the PolarPro version. View attachment 1429 View attachment 1430View attachment 1431
Can you post the link to the polar pro gimble lock please

Reactions: Squirrel!
Thank you for the link, is there a way to attach a "remove before fly" banner to the lock?
Not yet that I've seen. I use mine several times a day and while I have that tag, it is more for show than useful, everyday bling. ;)

I took so pictures of how i mount mine, it also fits in the case nicely, double click on the picture to enlarge it.DSC03434.JPG DSC03435.JPG DSC03437.JPG DSC03439.JPG DSC03440.JPG

I rigged up a similar red flag, difference being I lay mine across the top of the drone when storing. first thing I see is the red flag.

So, after 2 months of using the Autel model, I ordered the PolarPro and honestly didn't think it would work very well. Was I wrong (and happily so)!!! The PolarPro gimbal lock/lens cover IS what you want! This thing is so nice, so easy to install/remove & the black color looks great too! Highly recommend the PolarPro version. View attachment 1429 View attachment 1430View attachment 1431
Thanks man I just ordered mine

I'm still using the freebie StevenG was giving away, don't know about it fitting over a filter though. As far as the "Remove before Flight" doo-hickey, it's hanging on the same hook as the original gimbal lock. If I can't see the gimbal lock pictured below, I am seriously vision impared, and don't need to be flying anyway.:D

cover.jpg
RBF.jpg

Last edited:
Sure didn't like the guard that came on the new bird - couldn't get the thing off (I did find that saying "let go you piece of ........" did seem to help some. When I placed an order for something else from a drone store, I thought - I'll buy that $23.00 - REALLY $23.00 - orange guard from them at the same time. Even now, I'm still undecided as to which I disliked more - probably the orange one - did I mention it was $23.00!!!!
At any rate, ordered the Polar Pro cover and LOVE IT - does its job and comes right off. YIPEEE!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panampefa