Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings & Questions

firekat

Reaction score
Greetings all. I have been lurking this board as I have been contemplating a purchase of an X-Star Premium. It seems that mostly people are more satisfied with this drone than a lot of others on the market.

There does not seem to be as many issues with this drone as I have seen on other product discussion boards. Knowing that the X-Star customer base is much smaller, it still seems that there in not the general demeanor of frustration and discontent that I have seen for other drones.

After watching the postings on a number of different threads some questions/concerns have popped up:

How stable is Autel regarding this product? With no anticipated product updates on an "older" platform, out of stock items (orange batteries, propellers, etc.) delays in firmware updates, layoffs at the company and a myriad of other issues, the big question are they committed to this product?

This is not casting aspersions on anyone or entity. I am just looking at making sure that I will get value out of a K buck investment.

So, is Autel continuing to develop and support this product, or is it potentially going to go the route of the 3DR Solo?

Thanks for the feedback!

On Autel's Twitter account yesterday they said they are getting a new shipment of batteries and accessories. The shipment just needs to clear United States customs and will be available around the 16th of October. Considering they got a new shipment of X-Star Premiums in early September and more accessories in October from their manufacturers in China, I think they are pretty safe right now.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman