Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Heath & new FW

Yup for sure, we had a photo contest going for one of the full moons and having that option was brought up a fair bit by people.

My humble theory is that they are completely redesigning the firmware in order to protect themselves from yet another DJI lawsuit. It worries me a little that for the beta test they sent out new hardware to the testers. I have a nagging suspicion that there may be a hardware issue that doesn't play well with the new firmware. Really hope I am wrong.

I'm not too worried about them sending out hardware to the beta testers. This is a common practice for several reasons. For one, they know that the correct firmware is on the hardware being tested. Second, if for some reason the firmware causes a catastrophic failure resulting in a lost or damaged drone, it isnt the testers personal drone that's involved. It's more for controlled environment testing purposes. Would you want to test out never before used firmware on your personal drone, not knowing how it will work? Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Reactions: Wrsdas
I was noticing last night you can manually move it higher, so it's not physically locked at that forward facing position. I know if you went too high, you would see the props or frame, but there are times when I would like to see a little higher, like early in the morning when the moon is still visible, or looking up at some clouds.
I'm totally with you on this. I would love to be able to look up higher for moon shots, or even some of the storm clouds we get here in Southeast Texas, coming in off of the Gulf of Mexico or the bay.

I'm totally with you on this. I would love to be able to look up higher for moon shots, or even some of the storm clouds we get here in Southeast Texas, coming in off of the Gulf of Mexico or the bay.
Try out that 10lb weight on the rear end and give us a report. (Not your rear end, but the drone):D

I was noticing last night you can manually move it higher, so it's not physically locked at that forward facing position. I know if you went too high, you would see the props or frame, but there are times when I would like to see a little higher, like early in the morning when the moon is still visible, or looking up at some clouds.

Might try a mirror.

Well don't expect a release this weekend. That Eric Godfrey guy said autel just gave us another update that I have only flown for about 2 minutes. I'm heading out to the mountains this weekend for a camping trip and I'm bringing both my quads. If weather permits I plan on flying the hell out of both.

Reactions: Wrsdas and Bigbit
Well don't expect a release this weekend. That Eric Godfrey guy said autel just gave us another update that I have only flown for about 2 minutes. I'm heading out to the mountains this weekend for a camping trip and I'm bringing both my quads. If weather permits I plan on flying the hell out of both.

In AirmetTango's post he mentioned a problem with a problem with the pan up and down on the camera with the first firmware. This was before I had bought my XST so I have not noticed this problem but with all the posts Heath has made about the firmware and it needed a few small tweaks he did mention the gimble. So maybe this problem has come back again.
(emphasis mine)

It's not that it would have "come back again" - if your operating on firmware 1.1.3 (as most are), then it's always been there. It was fixed in version 1.2.8, but that firmware version got "recalled" back in September 2016 and made unavailable. I'll make a separate thread detailing the issue, and you can look for it on your bird. For most folks using the drone for fun, it probably isn't important, but anyone using it for commercial purposes would have to avoid long vertical pans because there was no way keep the hesitation from occurring.

(emphasis mine)

It's not that it would have "come back again" - if your operating on firmware 1.1.3 (as most are), then it's always been there. It was fixed in version 1.2.8, but that firmware version got "recalled" back in September 2016 and made unavailable. I'll make a separate thread detailing the issue, and you can look for it on your bird. For most folks using the drone for fun, it probably isn't important, but anyone using it for commercial purposes would have to avoid long vertical pans because there was no way keep the hesitation from occurring.

If you are on 1.1.3, you could update to 1.2.8. If you don't like it, then update to 1.3.0.
It's basically 1.1.3 renamed a higher number so it "upgrades" properly. It's the proper way to roll back to the original Firmware if you don't like 1.2.8
Autel Firmware

f you have purchased a new X‑Star drone after October 1, 2016 there is no way to put 1.2.8 on your XSP. it will fail every time meaning you have the latest firmware.

Reactions: Arbaxter

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaksunDr