Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello From Central Illinois

Hilander

Reaction score
HI all, just purchased my X Star Premium and can't wait to take my first flight. I had flown gas model airplanes for a few years, took about a 5 year break and am ready to try this out. Hopefully they are easy to fly.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone and am glad to be part of this forum.

Reactions: Bigbit
They are easy to fly compared to a gas powered RC plane...at least for me...i crashed 3 RC planes back in the day. Stupid part was I kept buying them to crash again...LOL. Hobby shops loved me. I switched to RC speed boats, a lot safer and just a fishing pole with 100 pound test to retrieve if any issues. You will enjoy it, just stay away from the trees and the water as you will surely read in the forums. Best of luck and happy flying!

Reactions: Hilander
Welcome to the forum Hilander, as intrepidusa mentioned you will love your new acquisition and read on the new beta firmware, over here there are many that upgraded including myself. Feel free to ask if you need any info.

Good Luck

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*XS Manual - https://3yn7uf15sq4l1ivh8t2tfir5-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/x-star-wifi-manual.pdf
*XSP MAnual - https://3yn7uf15sq4l1ivh8t2tfir5-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/x-star-premium-manual.pdf

Welcome to the forum Hilander, as intrepidusa mentioned you will love your new acquisition and read on the new beta firmware, over here there are many that upgraded including myself. Feel free to ask if you need any info.

Good Luck

I hear good and bad about the beta update. What is difference from the firmware I have now that will make this update better. I have not yet flown the drone as the weather has not be very cooperative.

Two very great improvements is being being able to control the Yaw speed rate and now having the Starpoint sensors working as they did nothing on the firmware you are on. Adding to that a softer auto land has helped a lot of people that autoland. The way the firmware handles the battery voltage now seems to have helped to manage your battery voltage better (some say yes some say no).

Last edited:
Hilander I cannot tell you to jump on the newest firmware but many such as myself has done the upgrade are better off with it.

Good Luck in your decision

I went on their website to see where the beta download it and did not seem to find it under the download section. Where will I find this? If it seems they got the bugs worked out of the beta version, do you see them doing it as a full release soon anyway, or is it still a work in progress.

screenshot-www.autelrobotics.com-2017-08-11-21-23-23.png

Look at the picture, click on the beta link. Agree to the terms and download the firmware and watch the video tutorials.
There will be a new release in the next week or so to address a gimbal problem on some. Once that is out there will be another release to address one other issue. That one will probably be the final.

Here is what Autel said on Aug. 30th

"Kenneth AR We have a fix being tested for the horizon fix that will hit the limited beta early next week and the larger beta soon after. If there are no bad issues found this will be the last beta and the firmware will release within a couple weeks."

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo