Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from So Cal!

Iakopa

Reaction score
Hello from sunny San Diego! I just purchased the X-Star Premium yesterday after reading lots of reviews and comparing drones online- I'm not a huge fan of the color, but other than that it's pretty awesome! I was also able to purchase it with a $200 discount!

I've flown it several times in beginner mode around the neighborhood to get familiar with it before I venture out. The only issue I've found is that you cannot access the camera/video stuff on the app, but I guess that has to do with Apple's iOS. Hopefully Autel will get an updated app soon!

Welcome from the east coast here in Georgia.
I hope the apple update gets worked out soon. If you have an Android device laying around try that, no issues on Android.

You can downgrade the iOS to 11.1.2 from 11.2.1 and the StarLink App works perfectly. Sadly, you cannot keep your data when you go backwards, but get something like a used iPad Air 2 16gb WiFi on Craigslist and all is well...

You can downgrade the iOS to 11.1.2 from 11.2.1 and the StarLink App works perfectly. Sadly, you cannot keep your data when you go backwards, but get something like a used iPad Air 2 16gb WiFi on Craigslist and all is well...
How does the average person downgrade iOS when the lowest firmware Apple is signing is 11.2? If you have updated it is too late for that device.

Reactions: James L.
How does the average person downgrade iOS when the lowest firmware Apple is signing is 11.2? If you have updated it is too late for that device.
Copy that. I can find Hong Kong in a hurricane (literally) but have never been able to "downgrade" any tech thingy without a significant cost (loss of data/photos/contacts etc). I recently got tired of drinking the "Apple Kool-Aid" and switched to a dedicated Android-based system for flying the pumpkin.

Reactions: MaduroMan
Copy that. I can find Hong Kong in a hurricane (literally) but have never been able to "downgrade" any tech thingy without a significant cost (loss of data/photos/contacts etc). I recently got tired of drinking the "Apple Kool-Aid" and switched to a dedicated Android-based system for flying the pumpkin.
It’s not too hard, there are many reasons to do it. Mac or PC, I’ve done it. iOS is so secure, you sometimes pay a price. Android is an open book. If you’re careful with personal data on it, go for it, it’s nice — you can pick any brand of Kool Aide you desire!

Last edited:
I did it on 12-10-17 when I had the Starlink issue. It’s really not that hard, but you will loose your data, despite what some say. If Apple is no longer signing lower than 11.2, then the window closed — you’re right, it can’t be done w/o Jailbreaking...
Here’s a good tutorial:
Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide] | Redmond Pie

To Jailbreak:
Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated] | Redmond Pie

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice about downgrading to the last iOS. I will have to look in to that.

Just remember that jailbreaking iOS 11 and up is only meant for developers and not the average person so you better know what you are getting into. Thats why it is not all over the internet as a jailbreak.

Just remember that jailbreaking iOS 11 and up is only meant for developers and not the average person so you better know what you are getting into. Thats why it is not all over the internet as a jailbreak.
Absolutely right. It’s best to do it on a throwaway device. I have a Hackintish PC made from older PC parts, running Mac High Sierra. It can be done, but geeeez what a frustrating journey ...

OMG Apple is close to releasing iOS 11.25, skipping 2,3,&4. My confidence level in Tim Cook’s ability to run Apple is so low, I’d wait until this update gets out of the isolation ward before using it...
Analysts say this is the mother-of-all iOS 11.2 fixes, entire iOS team working long hours. I bet it doesn’t help the Starlink App, I think it’s to overcome the cpu throttling controversy that’s getting deservingly bad press... Timmy, please retire...

Reactions: MaduroMan
Fortunately, my work phone has the prior iOS on it and, holy cow- there is a lot you can do with the Starlink app! It's awesome!

Welcome my friend... As per having an Apple anything - I'm Out!! I worked at Apple many years ago and I learned then that they tend to blow smoke under their own skirt. So to speak.

I have the luxury (or burden) of having both and IOS device (with older OS) and an Android device. In summary, they DO NOT contain the same features or bugs. To accomplish some projects, I need to use both. The grass isn't always black or white or greener on the other side of the fence.

I have reported the issues I have found to Autel where functionality is the issue in the hopes they will get to it when the smoke of CES clears. Likewise with the bugs. I have 2 XSP's at my disposal and I plan on doing a side-by-side evaluation today after getting the firmware, calibration and RC's setup the same way as one another. I also have to neutralize the environmental obstacles so the results can be replicated.

Yesterday, I was test flying the new XSP in a nearby park. I noticed both XSP's behaved strangely to hover and control inputs. I couldn't isolate the reason. The my spotter pointed to something. She noticed that every time a nearby welder arched his rod and the generator kicked in, the drone jumped up and then down. I was surprised because we were about 200ft apart from one another. Oh to be back in the cockpit again.........

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN