Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Wyanett MN

Jegs

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I picked up my X Star premium refurbished this morning at the UPS depot (ordered direct from Autel) couldn't wait 'til Monday. First time UAS owner here and have spent the last year, reviewing, reading, thinking and comparing everything out there. I just couldn't find anything that had the value that this thing has, along with the reviews and the way everybody raves about it.

I am thrilled to open it up tonight and familiarize myself with it, at work now so haven't even opened the box. First flight, if I work up the nerve will be tomorrow hopefully ... tonight I'll get the battery charged at least. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of the information I've picked up, hopefully I can remember half of it and not go into, "duh" mode when it lifts off the ground!

Reactions: KentA
Jegs, I took my first flight not too long ago (a couple months ago). I was nervous as I had heard about people crashing their drones. (Ironically, all the drones that I had ever heard of crashing and flying away were DJI drones). When I received my drone, took it out of the very nice case, put the props on, charged the batteries, etc., I was amazed at how easy it all came together. I looked at a number of the Autel video tutorials and it seemed to be too easy to be true. But, I proceeded forward, calibrated the compass in the aircraft, then I pushed the 'Start Motors' button. Cool! - the motors are spinning and my new aircraft is still in one piece! So, I moved to the next button: Take Off / Land. I pressed that button - and the aircraft presented itself right in front of me. Super Cool! I then gently moved the joysticks on the controller and the aircraft responded accordingly, and smoothly. And, when I let go of a joystick, the aircraft hovered. Amazing! I didn't realize it was that simple, and safe. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised, and very happy that 'crashing and burning' didn't have to dominate my concerns. Even though I've flown my drone a number of times now, I still don't take it for granted, and I appreciate that while the drone and controller are doing their own thinking, I can pay attention to where I want to go with it, and what I'd like to take a picture of.
I'm sure that your future with your drone will be as positive as my experience with my drone has been.

Reactions: KentA
Hi Jegs,
I still remember my first flight. I went to a park and started the motors and hit the takeoff button. It rose to 5 ft. and just hovered there, not moving around. I pushed the altitude lever and it went up to about 50 ft. took a picture and pushed the auto land button and it landed about a foot from where it took off.
I knew then that this is just what I wanted.
Now I fly through 5 batteries with no problems or worries. REMEMBER. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HOBBY, DON'T WORRY. The aircraft does whatever you ask of it. HAVE FUN!!!

Thanks all for the encouraging words. Didn't fly it yesterday, I might try it for a short while tonight when I get home but probably a good idea to do the first flight during the day huh?

Yep Yep from Sam Jose CA!! I got mine from my wife and oldest 2 for Christmas last year.. It tool me a couple months think to get out there a first time.. You will love it!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bibo