Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Holy Stone RID Module is Available

3Fees

Reaction score
Holy Stone RID module is selling fast on Amazon for $90 over 400 units sold and is FAA compliant. I have one and its registered in my inventory on FAA dronezone for 3 years for my drones. I got mine delivered overnight and could not be happier to get RID out of the way at a reasonable price and yes it works for any and all drones.

Holy Stone RID Module

Cheers
3Fees

Holy Stone is giving away this RID Module free when a person buys one of the newer Holy Stone drones that require RID, from what I have read they send them separately. A big thanks to Holy Stone to end the fleecing of drone pilots that require an external rid module may they sell tens of thousands of them, lol.

Cheers
3Fees

Reactions: redleger and EBERLS
Holy Stone is giving away this RID Module free when a person buys one of the newer Holy Stone drones that require RID, from what I have read they send them separately. A big thanks to Holy Stone to end the fleecing of drone pilots that require an external rid module may they sell tens of thousands of them, lol.

Cheers
3Fees
To my understanding, I haven't found a newer HS drone that doesn't have standard RID (with an FAA DoC) but requires a broadcast module. Do you have a HS drone model to suggest?

Reactions: redleger

Cheers
3Fees
I agree. I just received mine. Easy setup, took less than 1 minute. Only worry is the velcro that comes with it. I would find a more secure way to put the module on.

Hi, you can get the Holy Stone RID module here for a lower cost:

Regards,
Richard
if you ask HS, they will give you a promotion code on top of the price for this sku that reduces the price even further, maybe even free.

here's what HS says about this link:

"Since the link is only for our valued customers, it's described as Holy Stone spare parts instead of RID. Please rest assured that the link is correct."

It's a nice option for my older 720E that didn't have RID. The Velcro that comes with it wasn't very good and I used my own.
IMG_20231002_162259770_HDR.jpg

I bought two. One for my Anafi Thermal, and one for my Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Coming up with mounting solutions.
13.9 grams and as states, the price was right for my budget along with them being in stock at the time.

Maybe this pressure has the compeitors lower thier prices and maybe new entries can make newer, better, cheaper and lighter?

Reactions: mark.stolz
Okay, Holy Stone has just released an update to HS RID Module. You can now track it thru drone scanner or other app that works, they updated the bluetooth, you can export the data by csv file-drone scanner app and yes it identifies the drone and information you put in and tracks the drone, etc, the Holy Stone RID Module works with any drone not just Holy Stone drones, so your older drones are good to fly.

I registered mine with FAA drone zone in minutes, one RID module is good for all recreational drones and only 1- part 107 drone. 600 plus sold, now.

The update downloads to your phone thru the Holy Stone App- Drone Go2 app (iOS 11.0+ or Android 7.0+) , HS Rid Module in programming mode, both left and right lights solid on.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
To my understanding, I haven't found a newer HS drone that doesn't have standard RID (with an FAA DoC) but requires a broadcast module. Do you have a HS drone model to suggest?
No, what ever strikes your fancy, look here and details of HS Rid Module- HSRID01.

Holy Stone

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Update: HS RID Module is broadcasting thru Bluetooth 4 to my phone, also have used drone scanner app and OpenDroneID app both available in google playstore and both find the HS RID Module with full details. 700 + sold now, selling like hot cakes.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Reactions: jaja6009
Holy Stone RID Module Update over 1,000 sold @ $89.99 on Amazon , 9,000 more to be sold to reach 10K, lol.

Cheers
3Fees

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Holy Stone RID Module Update over 1,000 sold @ $89.99 on Amazon , 9,000 more to be sold to reach 10K, lol.

Cheers
3Fees
Says 1,000+ sold in the last month so I'm sure they have sold even more and this is just the identified sku from Amazon. The other item and link is out there's no telling home many people (like me) used the other link which is cheaper. Still the HS RID is among the lowest priced broadcast module all-contained that actually works that ships right away. Today it even has 10% off. Not sure why it isn't even more popular when other similar modules are $150+ and backordered.

Here's why: (I don't work there but this is what I would do)

Add the model number to the listing description or the FAA link so people can see for themselves the module is FAA approved. Customers should not have to ask for clarification. The model number is on the module, you can easily post a picture of it in the gallery. This is nonsense, just say "We are approved and here's the DoC."

• FAA Regulation Compliance: Holy Stone is committed to working out a solution to the US FAA Declaration of Compliance for our rc drone consumers; here we got the Remote ID Module Parts to solve the FAA Compliance issue. No more worry about the FAA Regulations.

Remove the verbiage about flyers having until March to comply because it's not exactly accurate. Flyer should buy today and fly today with their HS RID so let the FAA language speak for itself.

Not sure if this is a language barrier too but remove this:

• Compatibility: Holy Stone Drones with Camera for Adults 4K, Holy Stone HS720R, HS720G, HS720E, HS720, HS700E, HS600 GPS 4K Drone; moreover, the Remote ID broadcast Module Part also fit with other drones on the market.
It makes people think the HS module is made for HS drones and you may be able to make it work with other drones on the market (except you cannot find the list of other drones); why? Because it pretty much works will ALL drones. You don't need to list those HS drones because they all have standard RID. When you say "fit" that implies something different than simply attaching it. This is the mount I will use to attach the HS RID to my Autel Evo 2 Pro: Autel Strobe Mounts

Finally the HS website tells HS customers you can get the module for 70% off or even free so for others, paying $90 may not seem like a great deal. If I thought for a second that modules were never going to fall below $100, I would use Amazon as a "reseller" for these modules which I could probably sell hundreds of them the closer we get to March. Hmmm, looks like you can return whatever you don't sell by February. ;)

110 ratings now, seems every day a few more are added. I fly my drone with the velcro supplied by Holy Stone, its secure.

Cheers
3Fees

110 ratings now, seems every day a few more are added. I fly my drone with the velcro supplied by Holy Stone, its secure.

Cheers
3Fees
Also looks like the discounted "spare parts" RID module is no longer available.

Sounds like the Mavic 2 drones just received the RID update software from DJI. If it works then it means millions of Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom drones will not need an RID module which is a huge bite out of the RID market.

Supplies are starting to come in on Dronetag and others I've heard as well.

On Ebay now Holy Stone RID Module $70.00 free shipping. Enjoy, several sellers with plenty of inventory.

EBay:

Holy Stone RID Module

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
I'll be brief , No. If you dont like Holy Stone there is always the other ones, I seen a drone tag module on ebay for sale $300.00.

In case you missed the point, I'll explain, this post shares information about a common concern called meeting FAA RID requirements and posters have shared their experience or what they have found. Many of us have drones without internal RID and want them in flight worthy condition at a reasonable cost.

Cheers
3Fees

FAA Trust and Part 107 Certified Pilot License

Last edited:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo