Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hope someone can help me

fortnumsound

Reaction score
I just got a Evo2 640T. When the batteries were charging for the first time I was setting up the smart controller (the big one) and I set a login passcode like you would on a galaxy phone just in case anyone stole my rig they cant fly the quad.. Well I got my batteries charged up, went to fly the drone and set up my expo settings and the damn passcode won't work. Im locked out of the controller and I have a roof inspection I need the thermal for. Is there anyway to turn this remote on in some sort of safe mode so I can get reset it ? I have tried turning it on holding down every button configuration there is. Nothing is working. Of course its friday and I wont be able to reach Autel until monday,. They will most likely have to send me a new remote. Which means I will have to send this back first, And now Im looking at over 2 weeks without work. I'm so screwed right now.

I just got a Evo2 640T. When the batteries were charging for the first time I was setting up the smart controller (the big one) and I set a login passcode like you would on a galaxy phone just in case anyone stole my rig they cant fly the quad.. Well I got my batteries charged up, went to fly the drone and set up my expo settings and the damn passcode won't work. Im locked out of the controller and I have a roof inspection I need the thermal for. Is there anyway to turn this remote on in some sort of safe mode so I can get reset it ? I have tried turning it on holding down every button configuration there is. Nothing is working. Of course its friday and I wont be able to reach Autel until monday,. They will most likely have to send me a new remote. Which means I will have to send this back first, And now Im looking at over 2 weeks without work. I'm so screwed right now.

If you have a BestBuy nearby or another big box retailer that carries the EVO II then you can just get another EVO and bind that remote to your current EVO just to get the job done. Very expensive way of doing it but it is an option. BTW locking the remote does absolutely nothing to prevent someone from flying the EVO, all a thief would have to do is bind a new remote to the EVO.

It seems like there should be a way to factory reset the controller via some button sequence but I could not find it via a few Google searches. Even Autel refers to a smart controller factory reset sequence but as usual they don't make it clear or obvious how it is done.

If you have a BestBuy nearby or another big box retailer that carries the EVO II then you can just get another EVO and bind that remote to your current EVO just to get the job done. Very expensive way of doing it but it is an option. BTW locking the remote does absolutely nothing to prevent someone from flying the EVO, all a thief would have to do is bind a new remote to the EVO.

It seems like there should be a way to factory reset the controller via some button sequence but I could not find it via a few Google searches. Even Autel refers to a smart controller factory reset sequence but as usual they don't make it clear or obvious how it is done.
Thx for replying. No one around here sells drones. I lost a $1300 job this morning due to this.. Guess Ill have to wait until monday to call them..

Autel told me to send them the remote and they would immediately send me a new one. After they got it, without my permission they "fixed" my remote. Mind you this controller and drone was brand new. I have not flown it once. I got it last friday. The fact that they had to "fix it" proves there was something wrong with it. Then after not getting approval before they start work they hit me with a $500 invoice. But because they are so nice they knocked 50% down to $250. How nice of them right? Oh and I also had to pay $50 out of pocket to send it to them. Oh, and I also got let go from the new roof inspection job I just got because I missed 3 jobs due to not having a drone with a thermal camera. So I spent the lat 5k I had in the bank to buy a drone with a broken controller thats being held by Autel who is extorting me for $250 to fix a brand new controller they sold me. I have emails below to prove ALL of this. Read the emails. Its crazy. I tried posting about it but of course the gatekeepers won't approve the post. I wonder why? I have a friend who is a reporter on on of oregon's biggest news networks. Next monday they will be interviewing me for a "shady business dealings by foreign companies" segment. The $250 they are trying to squeeze from me will pale in comparison to the hundreds of thousands they will lose to DJI after people see this news report.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.png
    4.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 3
  • [email protected]
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
The Autel Warranty is for 12 months. It covers materials and workmanship. You locked yourself out by putting a passcode on the smart controller - which is futile - the drones can be paired to new controllers. You sent it in to get them to reset and recover your smart controller which you locked up. Essentially you requested a repair - someone had to hack in to the device you locked up. This is neither materials nor workmanship. It is no different than asking for data recovery from a computer.

The Autel Warranty is for 12 months. It covers materials and workmanship. You locked yourself out by putting a passcode on the smart controller - which is futile - the drones can be paired to new controllers. You sent it in to get them to reset and recover your smart controller which you locked up. Essentially you requested a repair - someone had to hack in to the device you locked up. This is neither materials nor workmanship. It is no different than asking for data recovery from a computer.
It was a software issue. Nothing I did. You do realize it asks you to type in that code twice before it excepts it right? I use the same six numbers for literally everything for the past 12 years there's no way I typed it in wrong twice. I was looking right at it very carefully when I put the numbers in to just to make sure. It wasn't excepting my passcode because of a software issue. And what's your justification for them sending me back a used controller with a broken gimbal adjustment dial?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan