Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Insurance for your drone - worth it? Who would you recommend?

The Guy In The Helmet

Reaction score
Hello all!
Am wondering if you all have drone insurance, and what information you might be able to share regarding how you use your drone to even need the insurance. I presume this would most apply to commercial space than hobbyists.
Thank you for your input in advance!

Where I live, there is no insurance, but in the continental US, State Farm is the best and cheapest. For Part 107, what you need, besides insurance for the drone, is for liability. In case of an accident.

Part 107 = commercial

You need insurance for your drone in case you have an accident, you can replace it.

You also need insurance to pay for damages in case it falls on top of a car or injures someone, etc.

Check out a State Farm personal articles policy. It should cost around $65/year (no deductible) and covers the drone and accessories against loss and damage.

There was also a general discussion about the topic here... depending on your situation.

When flying 107 and trying to make $$$ (commercial) -- you will need liability at least, in case of something like in post #6

...and actually since they should be identifiable -- they need to be covered -- no matter if you are recreational or commercial flyer...

Everyone should be responsible for their own actions. If my drone flies away and falls on someone or some other's property and causing damage I am responsible. Think you find that to be true weather in a moral court or legal court. Therefore it's my responsibility to get liability insurance or suffer the consequences if such a accident happens. JMHO.
butch

Everyone should be responsible for their own actions. If my drone flies away and falls on someone or some other's property and causing damage I am responsible. Think you find that to be true weather in a moral court or legal court. Therefore it's my responsibility to get liability insurance or suffer the consequences if such a accident happens. JMHO.
butch
Since drone insurance is not mandated by law, self insurance works just fine, unless your client demands it. State Farm also won't offer a drone personal articles policy in California. Go figure!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34