Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

It's in the mail

UasDriver

Reaction score
the choice was a P4V2 or Evo2pro6K, 6 months later....I made my choice. Looking forward to the big league, I'll never give up flying my 501S trainers. You ALWAYS remember your 1st time ?

Reactions: rcee
Congratulations! Keep us posted, and share future adventures.

Congrats!
Paul

LOL, the amazons can't figure out me Visa!, so it's STILL in the mail! Looking fwd to flying it though. in the mean time I've been learning to edit video clips. even made a you-tube channel, God I hate the 21st century o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Ha, ya i'm a young put at 63!
Not sure it's worth it the way the image quality gets hammered! This is my learn'n to edit clip.

ya I know........nice try ?

Reactions: verticalflyer
UPS showed up at dust!
read the manual, verified the content, read the manual, went to bed.
Took it out this morning for a quick test since winds are 20mph, gusting to 40.
She did all the things I expected in a 15min test.
3 observations though;
It will take me some time to get comfortable with floppy props, I've never flown with anything but fixed, just seems wrong not to have them "lock"

The SD card that came with unit, dislodged sometime in flight, was good at launch, then noticed the NOSD icon. when I landed the rubber cover was intact, but when i opened the card was not seated. I didn't do any quick moves, no hard lands.

Last, the legs come up short! , I landed on the pad gently, the weight "sunk the pad" into the grass enough to give a gimble error after landing.
back to it after lunch!

Ran the 3 batteries twice each and this brick is quite the step up!
It makes it to default max distance (~1600') and back and I still have 83% battery!!!!
looks like cal's are in order for joysticks, both seem off when moving them to the left, also IMU? when in hover it makes very small moves left, not a big deal except when it "stops for obstacle" If the obstacle is on the left it gets interesting
still learn'n the camera, video is really nice, but it's to "soft", clarity is spot on but has to have post on everything.

I just signed up at Autel thinking I could load the explorer on my PC, nope

so can I just jack into the AC or RC with my PC and "see" them as devices?
I'd like to get flight data, possibly change settings without wheeling around n clicking the small screen.

I'll spend some time with the search here for video help

As it’s been said in your other post, you are going to need some form of Android or iOS device. It’s just part of owning these higher end consumer drones

That's the rub, I surfed "drones with build in monitors" 10 months back, got 4 hits, spent a month reading and watching the "promo", the 1st flight....... NONE of them advertised "it's a gimmick, you still need....."
my trainer, a 501S did as advertised, everything I needed in the RC, for example IMU cals, hold left stick up, wiggle right stick left/right til cals start, how hard is that to code vs GUI's, complex I/O data swapping...... I spent 6 months at phantom 4 site, and it appears the 4pro with 5.5" "works as advertised" (no phone/tab required).
I can do most of what I want a drone for now with the evo, but voiding a warranty is a step to far, not being able calibrate is 2 steps to far.
I'll see what Autel says in reply to my email, then decide.

The DJI smart controller with the screen is a additional $649 bucks. You can buy a pretty darn nice tablet for a lot less.

:rolleyes:
the price bundled WITH the 5.5" was within dollars of the evo2 pro 6k rugged.
Autel replied..... please wait while we process :eek:
It's a good fly day here, but i'm leaving it boxed til I hear back, taken the 501s out instead.

I’m not sure what reply you think you will get from autel.
Maybe stick with your hubsan until autel deliver on a “smart” controller. But it isn’t going to be cheap.

guess i'm expecting, NO we can't honor warranty without the use of 3rd party products to store log files, sorry that wasn't clear in our terms.
or Yes, we honor the warranty without 3rd party products.
then it's my call

UPS showed up at dust!
read the manual, verified the content, read the manual, went to bed.
Took it out this morning for a quick test since winds are 20mph, gusting to 40.
She did all the things I expected in a 15min test.
3 observations though;
It will take me some time to get comfortable with floppy props, I've never flown with anything but fixed, just seems wrong not to have them "lock"

The SD card that came with unit, dislodged sometime in flight, was good at launch, then noticed the NOSD icon. when I landed the rubber cover was intact, but when i opened the card was not seated. I didn't do any quick moves, no hard lands.

Last, the legs come up short! , I landed on the pad gently, the weight "sunk the pad" into the grass enough to give a gimble error after landing.
back to it after lunch!
I started with an XSP, long landing legs. But I still hand caught it.

I've flown the E2P 26 times. Never landed. Always hand caught. The camera is $800.....

Ya, seems like a shortcoming from the mechanical Engineers.
After flight 1 I drug out a piece of plywood and 1/4" memory foam. I always land it myself, exit RTH as it's above me and bring it down real slow and easy

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout