Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lava in your face...

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Wow. Amazing. Forest fires and floods are bad, but, at least people can return and rebuild (if they want to). In this case, it's all over with and, returning is not an option.

I have just seen a report about the eruption of the volcano Kilauea on the French channels, with this huge crevice that is growing and all those people who lose everything, their homes, their jobs, and part of their lives!
I think of you !
And I hope that the anger of the goddess Pélé, will calm down ...

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I can't imagine walking out of my house, looking down the street and seeing that. That's unreal.
Conservatively, in the last 30 years 500+ acres have been added in this hot zone. I met a guy in 1990 living near here (Kalapana) on the ocean. Waves lapped the driveway while we talked. I tried to find his house around 2016 after several big flows over those years — some houses were spared. I gave-up, was driving away, when I recognized the curved gravel driveway. The house was so far from the ocean, you couldn’t really see it...

I have just seen a report about the eruption of the volcano Kilauea on the French channels, with this huge crevice that is growing and all those people who lose everything, their homes, their jobs, and part of their lives!
I think of you !
And I hope that the anger of the goddess Pélé, will calm down ...
Thanks, our house is a long way from this area. This area has fissure eruptions every 2-3 years. In 2015, nearby Pahoa was ALMOST covered. You live out there, you spin a roulette wheel everyday!

Here’s what happened to the nearby town of Kapoho in 1960. A scientist shot it in 8mm. There is no visible trace today there was ever a town there...

In Europe we have just one or two volcano permanently in action, it's the Vesuvio near the city of Naples and the Etna in Sicilia in Italia !
There are more than 1000 volcanoes in France.
Located in the center of France in Auvergne.
They are extinct since 6700 years.
And I live at the end of the chain of volcanoes!
The name of this old volcano is the "Puy de Pariou"

upload_2018-5-7_16-47-23.jpeg

Vesuvius is a really dangerous volcano. The volcanos in Hawaii are “shield” volcanoes, they don’t explode, they gurgle and fountain very liquid lava — no ash. In EU and the western USA, they are mostly stratovolcanos that do explode and send ash high in the atmosphere, like Iceland & Italy...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn