Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

North Shore Of Lake Superior Weekend Storm Pictures

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
North shore of Superior, it can be a beast.
The weekend snow\ice and rain storm that hit most of the northeast had some powerful winds. 4/16 - High winds, waves, snow and flooding made the weekend miserable in the Great Lakes area. The bad weather delayed vessel traffic on most of the Great Lakes, with most vessels going to anchor or staying put at docks.

xduiJ5I.jpg

f4hGBNU.jpg

35EM3pS.jpg

Impressive shots ! no wonder some vessels met their fate in the past...
In your third pic the seagull seems to fly away from the hit.

Over here near Ottawa we were out of Hydro for a day and a half and a community 5 miles from us still haven't go theirs back.
My generator had a good work out from this, just a 6,500 watts job that takes care of all but the electric water heater. Had over 2 inches of ice on vehicles but nothing compared to the '98 Ice storm as we had 4 to 5 inches everywhere.

Reactions: KentA
Impressive shots ! no wonder some vessels met their fate in the past...
In your third pic the seagull seems to fly away from the hit.

Over here near Ottawa we were out of Hydro for a day and a half and a community 5 miles from us still haven't go theirs back.
My generator had a good work out from this, just a 6,500 watts job that takes care of all but the electric water heater. Had over 2 inches of ice on vehicles but nothing compared to the '98 Ice storm as we had 4 to 5 inches everywhere.
I remember the Ice Storm of '98 as well. Our little hamlet was isolated & nobody could get in or out for 4 days. Roads & driveways looked like frozen beaver dams. We were without power for over two weeks. Afterwards I acquired an electrical generator.
I wish we had drones then but I don't remember anyone even having a digital camera in 1998.

Last edited:
I remember the Ice Storm of '98 as well. Our little hamlet was isolated & nobody could get in or out for 4 days. Roads & driveways looked like frozen beaver dams. We were without power for over two weeks. Afterwards I acquired an electrical generator.
I wish we had drones then but I don't remember anyone even having a digital camera in 1998.

Well said with the digital cameras and Nortel was in its best just before its demise. I remember quite clearly when one day I came back home for lunch and there was over 35 Utility trucks parked alongside our rural road and there was some from Kansas and many different US states that came to help our Ontario Hydro Canadians. Many thanks to our American friends when we were in despair. As you mentioned I wish I had my smartphone and or drone then. We were out for almost 3 weeks. My kids were skating on the fields.
We had a few that slept over because we had heat with my Lakewood wood stove and just 2 days ago I used it to make grilled cheese.

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout