Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Will try my best to get it lost :) with a range of 2 miles unless there's a major impact catastrophe, it will be almost impossible to lose the drone as it uses radio waves but there's always waterways which I don't travel over much.

Yes it was just released today, fixes a few issues marked in red in first post. Updating is always your choice as we don't want to tell you to do something and it gets screwed up. :)

Firmware Beta Download | Autel Robotics

What’s New:

1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed.
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available.
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal.
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals).
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft landing will kick in while landing.
  6. No more IMU warm-up time.
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m.
  8. 99 waypoints.
  9. Digital zoom is available.
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action.
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode.
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature.
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery.
  14. Gimbal snap issue fix (Based on 2.0.1)
  15. Tilted horizon issue optimized (Based on 2.0.1)
  16. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  17. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points (Based on 2.0.1)
Just to clarify only the red highlights are New??
Thank you
John

Last edited:
Normex, Your Marco Polo idea sounds great so I started looking into it but found this on Amazon under the questions section . Please let us know if this is still the case as this was posted back in March.
"Question:
can this unit be used on other drones by switching transmittor
Answer:
the beacons will work properly with all drones except the autel x star premium as far as I my experience goes. You don't have to change the receiver or the beacons. They are made to work together. They worked the way they should have worked. They were just fine. They just don't work with my x star premium. Most drones and RC equipment work on 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz to communicate. The x star communicates on the 900mhz frequencies and the Marco Polo does too. The Marco Polo will work just fine will all others. see less
By walter williams on March 30, 2017

There is a youtube video out about the new upgrade where the video blurs in turns. Not sure if its from the new firmware, but something to look out for.

After watching the video I think because he is flying so low that this is probably normal and not an issue at all. Though I am anxious to load the new update I will wait till the more experienced here try it first. :)

Normex, Your Marco Polo idea sounds great so I started looking into it but found this on Amazon under the questions section . Please let us know if this is still the case as this was posted back in March.
"Question:
can this unit be used on other drones by switching transmittor
Answer:
the beacons will work properly with all drones except the autel x star premium as far as I my experience goes. You don't have to change the receiver or the beacons. They are made to work together. They worked the way they should have worked. They were just fine. They just don't work with my x star premium. Most drones and RC equipment work on 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz to communicate. The x star communicates on the 900mhz frequencies and the Marco Polo does too. The Marco Polo will work just fine will all others. see less
By walter williams on March 30, 2017

I remember a discussion on this someplace. Searched here and did not find anything, might have been facebook but in the end the Marco Polo was not a problem as it really did not send out a signal till you needed it from what I remember.
I do question the 2 mile range. If it runs on 900Mgz like our quads not many of us get 2 mile range LOL

Well I found the facebook post about it. Here is what was said.

"After emailing their customer service I found out this:
The tag that goes on the drone is always off until your you turn it on by use of the held held transmitter. A brief frequency transmission does occur, but only once every 10 seconds and I was told will not interfere at all with the operations of the drone or controller. But....... in the event of a crash or flyaway there could be trouble.
If your XSP crashes and or the battery comes out, and there is no video transmission from it, you can turn on the tracker and find it no problem.
If your XSP flys away for any other reason but still is streaming video, which means you can still have it transmitting with a controller disconnect, then there is trouble. It will interfere with the Tracker frequency and will not work. You will have to wait for the battery drain or power shut down before it can be tracked.
So, I was told if you have constant cellular service, than a gps tracker would be the way to go. If not, then the Marco Polo will find your bird..... but you may have to wait some time. I guess that is better than never getting it back at all. A little disappointing."

Reactions: KentA
I just saw the new version on the website and came here to inquire. Thanks, guys! How's it doing so far?

I'm loving the fact Autel seems so keen on keeping this thing relevant with the updates. I don't recall DJI being so diligent.

That's weird.
I did the update and the status was:
Flight control - ok
Gimbal - ok

So I change the battery and did the update for the second time and now I received this:
Optical Flow - ok

Previous firmware was 2.0.1.

I made a third attempt and finally "Your firmware is up to date"

Could anyone repeat the update and post here the results?

Last edited:
Did you wait till it said finished the first time? That is all it updates.
Flight control - ok
Gimbal - ok
Probably updated the first time but you never waited for the finish message which takes a few minutes.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yes, I'm pretty sure!

"Upgrade succeeded" and "Reboot your devices before use", twice
Have all the prints of this update and the previous one too.

I'll appreciate it if anyone can repeat the process one more time.
Regards,

The new update only updates the flight control and gimbal
No need to update the battery as it's at the correct version from the 2.0.1 update

Reactions: Squirrel!
:) so your latest update worked fine then.
I'm pretty sure yes!

Just wondering if "Optical Flow" has something with "video blur in turns" or it's just a "placebo" thing.

You know... why it has been updated twice if in previous firmware optical flow had the same software version (V0.6.8.0). I run through the process 3 times (firmware 2.0.1) because of my batteries. All succeed attempts.

And why it's kick-in only when I changed the battery on the second try (firmware 2.0.8)?

Again, just wondering. Tks for the replies.:D

Firmware Beta Download | Autel Robotics

What’s New:

1. Optimized flight control algorithm. Improved response speed. Shorter braking distance. Faster max descending speed.
  2. Fixed YAW issue. YAW sensitivity adjustment EXP is now available.
  3. Optimized compass algorithm. Fixed crash issue caused by magnetic interference/compass abnormal.
  4. The compass only needs one good calibration after update and no re-calibration needed (Compass calibration must be performed outdoor with strong GPS signals).
  5. Enabled outdoor Starpoint function. Soft landing will kick in while landing.
  6. No more IMU warm-up time.
  7. Auto-takeoff altitude changed to 1.5m.
  8. 99 waypoints.
  9. Digital zoom is available.
  10. Pause works in autonomous modes. Pressing the pause button again will resume the previous action.
  11. Motors won’t start in IOC mode.
  12. Improved battery self-discharging control based on temperature.
  13. Optimized power drop prevention for long-stored battery.
  14. Gimbal snap issue fix (Based on 2.0.1)
  15. Tilted horizon issue optimized (Based on 2.0.1)
  16. Added time-based protection for auto-takeoff
  17. Waypoint altitude adjustment: change evenly between 2 points (Based on 2.0.1)
I thought the non-beta version was to be released at the end of August. This upgrade has been in beta forever. Glad to see progress. Thanks for posting.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan