Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Opinions: WHO OWNS THE AIRSPACE ABOVE ANY RESIDENCE?

BubbleButt

Reaction score
Just curious... I'm not talking about hovering per se but I often fly over a wooded area and I have to take off over my neighbors house (due to power lines and trees it is the easiest route) and he takes a shitty fit every time I do it.

The crazy thing about this is we live in an airport traffic area where the small aircrafts turn from downwind to base leg right over our homes so I always keep my drone low near 100 feet or right along the tree tops when any aircraft are in the pattern.

It all comes down to the expectation to privacy. Only the FAA controls the air space but there are people trying to make big changes.

Attachments

• ULC Comments_CommercialDroneAlliance.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 11
It all comes down to the expectation to privacy. Only the FAA controls the air space but there are people trying to make big changes.
Fighting the FAA? LOL, I've been at it for 10 years, filed numerous complaints, started 3 investigations, and got exactly NOWHERE. The FAA is worse than fighting city hall, it's like fighting the Russian Mafia ....

In the UK at least, it's illegal to fly within 150m/500ft of a residential (or commercial or leisure) development which means it's illegal to overfly other houses in a built-up area since 400ft is the max allowable height.

If you're unlucky, someone might take a potshot at you (which is also illegal).

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691