Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Panther Beach - battery drop adventure

I have my doubts about the deep cycle charge working as well.

That's why I asked in another thread if my battery drops me and shows 1%, does that qualify as a deep cycle charge?? If so, it doesn't help the situation because I've had batteries drop me more than once.

I see no logical way that a battery can truly go from 35% to 1% in a few seconds without serious adverse affects. I think the firmware misinterprets the data and freaks out initiating all the "safety" features and tries to save the drone.

Reactions: MaduroMan
I see no logical way that a battery can truly go from 35% to 1% in a few seconds without serious adverse affects. I think the firmware misinterprets the data and freaks out initiating all the "safety" features and tries to save the drone.
I don’t know but I’ve been told that a battery that discharges quickly gets dangerously hot, pressure builds, & there is danger of it venting. Perhaps the smart technology keeps the discharge rate within the parameters of Ohm’s Law, but I too suspect the problem is elsewhere.

Has anyone heard of a drone battery exploding in flight?

I don’t know but I’ve been told that a battery that discharges quickly gets dangerously hot, pressure builds, & there is danger of it venting. Perhaps the smart technology keeps the discharge rate within the parameters of Ohm’s Law, but I too suspect the problem is elsewhere.

Has anyone heard of a drone battery exploding in flight?

None of my batteries have been excessively hot when they dropped.

I've had two batteries swell beyond use but they never dropped. that was before .12 update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky