Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel ripped me off

Norcane

Reaction score
In July 2023 I ordered the Autel EVO 2 Pro Enterprise V3 from Amazon. It was on sale @ $500 off for $3,500. It flew perfectly, but I had two issues. Spoke with customer service about it. One was I couldn't get it to orbit around on object. I was used to DJI drones and the Autel's way of doing this was very crude. I just didn't understand the procedure. The other problem was the drone wouldn't track a vehicle. Found out later on that the enterprise drone wasn't programmed to track vehicles. So all customer service had to say was that it couldn't track a vehicle and explain how to orbit an object. Instead they told me to send it to repair (the biggest mistake). After 6 weeks in repair, the drone returned with the gimbal broken. It was sent back without the gimbal guard on it. So I sent them videos of the gimbal at a 45 degree and sent it back to repair. Another 6 weeks goes by and the drone came back worse then it was (just flopped down). Sent it back to repair. They told me that they would replace the gimbal on warranty. After 11 weeks they finally sent the drone back. The gimbal was at a 45 degree angle again and the controller shouts out a bunch of gimbal errors. Figured out that I could physically turn the gimbal to get it to fly eventually.

You would think that they would see that the drone was in error before sending it back. The repair team is incompetent. Don't ever send your drones to them. I trusted them, but I should have sent the drone back to Amazon for a refund. Instead I got a $3,500 lemon.

• Sad
Reactions: ADOC
Wow. That is discouraging...I had posted something here asking about what drone to get when I found out that the V3 of the Evo Pro II did not have all of the tracking modes the V1 and V2 had. That is why I bought a V2 version. It is rather disturbing that Autel will not program these features into their V3 drones....I truly wonder what the issue is.

I believe you can still make a case with your credit card. it hasn't yet been a year and if you still have receipts....worth a try. The key with your credit card is to explain that you did your part in good faith to help resolve the problem.....and the other side didn't come thru.

Reactions: RPM
In July 2023 I ordered the Autel EVO 2 Pro Enterprise V3 from Amazon. It was on sale @ $500 off for $3,500. It flew perfectly, but I had two issues. Spoke with customer service about it. One was I couldn't get it to orbit around on object. I was used to DJI drones and the Autel's way of doing this was very crude. I just didn't understand the procedure. The other problem was the drone wouldn't track a vehicle. Found out later on that the enterprise drone wasn't programmed to track vehicles. So all customer service had to say was that it couldn't track a vehicle and explain how to orbit an object. Instead they told me to send it to repair (the biggest mistake). After 6 weeks in repair, the drone returned with the gimbal broken. It was sent back without the gimbal guard on it. So I sent them videos of the gimbal at a 45 degree and sent it back to repair. Another 6 weeks goes by and the drone came back worse then it was (just flopped down). Sent it back to repair. They told me that they would replace the gimbal on warranty. After 11 weeks they finally sent the drone back. The gimbal was at a 45 degree angle again and the controller shouts out a bunch of gimbal errors. Figured out that I could physically turn the gimbal to get it to fly eventually.

You would think that they would see that the drone was in error before sending it back. The repair team is incompetent. Don't ever send your drones to them. I trusted them, but I should have sent the drone back to Amazon for a refund. Instead I got a $3,500 lemon.
Unfortunately your store is not uncommon.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro

I share your sentiment. The best we can do is now try and save others from learning the hard way we did. Autel doesn't seem to care about us customers!!! It's a lose lose scenario.

You’re not the only one that had issues with tech-support. I was told there’s only two support people and one engineer at the Washington location. Now I have sent my V2 drone in and it came back broken as well with the gimbal. They sent me a new gimbal and I put it on, they are one of the worst tech-support I have dealt with. They’re nice people, but they really seem like they don’t know what there talking about. You know I’ve had problems not being able to do a hyper lapse I could not do a Pano I could not do an orbit, hyper lapse. If I could take it back, I would I would never buy an Autel drone again. With the new firmware update from February 2024 I’m able to go into hyper lapse and record but I have not checked out the other options yet. I just found out about this update April 25, 2024

Reactions: Ezone23
I received my V2 drone, and the first thing I checked was the software on the smart controller. It had all of the modes and features I had seen on different youtube channels. I also started it up and all seemed to be good. Real windy today so I am going to have to wait for a test, but I am happy I found out about the V3 issues before I purchase one.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill