Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rock layers

rkyleh

Reaction score
I drove up closer to that mountain that is in a lot of my videos to show how the rock layers start out horizontal on the south end of the mountain then go vertical on the north end. It is the wrong time of the year to try and get a video of this because it is shadow most of the day. Later on in the year the sun will light it up a lot better, but alas and alack I am leaving this part of the country and I ain't coming back. This was tough trying to keep the sun out of the camera and still showing the rock formations. That alluvial fan that flows out from between the rock formations and encroaches on the big wash would be a good place to look for Rattlesnakes if you were so foolish not me brother.

For a guy from Back East, that's a wonderment.
That is one of the features of NV that is interesting. The lower slopes of the mountains are basically bare so the layers are very visible. You see this type of feature a lot. There are a few of them that I would like to film but I would have to hike a long way to get a good shot. There is one up in Lee canyon that is so convoluted it looks like a snake.

Reactions: KentA
Great job rkyleh I really enjoy Geology. I'm going to be posting a video I've made of my travels around Winnemucca NV.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain