Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Second flight in Shurts Canyon

rkyleh

Reaction score
I went back and got a couple of good flights in. After looking at this one I am not sure I want to change my settings. I almost got into trouble on this flight. It doesn't take but a second or two to flying in the wrong direction to have the mountain block your signal. It is a good thing this UAV is smarter than I am.

Reactions: Sundog775 and KentA
I went back and got a couple of good flights in. After looking at this one I am not sure I want to change my settings. I almost got into trouble on this flight. It doesn't take but a second or two to flying in the wrong direction to have the mountain block your signal. It is a good thing this UAV is smarter than I am.
Wow what a great spot.

Last edited:
That would have been some hike in if it went down up there. LOL
Don't think I would even bother looking for it. Hiking up mountains is for the younger fellows :)
Where did you have your RTH height set at?

That would have been some hike in if it went down up there. LOL
Don't think I would even bother looking for it. Hiking up mountains is for the younger fellows :)
Where did you have your RTH height set at?
You always ask these complicated questions. I guess I had better check. In the desert there isn't anything over 10 feet so I never was concerned. Around here there a bunch of big hard rocks. Your right about hiking up that canyon I think I would have put up a wood cross and wrote rest in peace.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Beautiful video, gorgeous area. Spring really brings-out the colors!! Have you tried late aftn? Color could get even better!

I wouldn’t want to have it go down out there though. Given my experiences looking for XSP in Hawaiian jungles, it’s never as easy as it looks to get around. My RTH is always at 150’.
Being orange helps, and finding it while the light are still blinking helps, getting to it is the problem! :(

Beautiful video, gorgeous area. Spring really brings-out the colors!! Have you tried late aftn? Color could get even better!

I wouldn’t want to have it go down out there though. Given my experiences looking for XSP in Hawaiian jungles, it’s never as easy as it looks to get around. My RTH is always at 150’.
Being orange helps, and finding it while the light are still blinking helps, getting to it is the problem! :(
I hope I never have to try and find it out there. The Oak Brush is so thick only a turkey can get through it. This time of the year it seems every afternoon the wind picks up. I had to hand catch a couple of times. That makes me a little twitchy. At my age I hurt so easy and I mend so slow.

That was very nice. The color seemed a touch less vivid than previous. Perhaps due to sun angle? Or could just be my old eyes and old monitor...
Also, where do you get your music? Your selections are always a joy to listen to.

That was very nice. The color seemed a touch less vivid than previous. Perhaps due to sun angle? Or could just be my old eyes and old monitor...
Also, where do you get your music? Your selections are always a joy to listen to.
I think the angle of the sun has a lot to do with this camera. Maybe I will get it figured out one of these days. Most of the music comes from YouTube. There is some pretty good stuff on there and a LOT of junk so it amounts to a lot of searching. Here are a few places to look same as You Tube some good some junk that will give you a headache.:)

Reactions: Goober
I like audioblocks myself. They have sliders on the side to zero in on the time frame you want. A lot of their music is not free but with the right capture program you can still grab it for free. It might get flagged but never gets deleted. the end user gets his money and you get to use his music.

I like audioblocks myself. They have sliders on the side to zero in on the time frame you want. A lot of their music is not free but with the right capture program you can still grab it for free. It might get flagged but never gets deleted. the end user gets his money and you get to use his music.
I will have to try that one always on the lookout for music. Thanks

Unless you can capture the music with a program like Camtasia Studio 8 to strip out the music it really is not worth it. Most of their free stuff is garbage. :)

Any music I get from there will get flagged on youtube and you will get a message like this.

"
Copyrighted content was found in your video.

The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it."

No big deal unless you want a ad free video.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo