Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Short Flight On a Warmer Day

Very nice, really like the "combination" maneuvers while filming. What is the cause of that yellow ice?
Lots of minerals in the water I guess. Unlike some watersheds the water comes from dark water lakes. Walleye lakes to be exact. : Never had a walleye?? You need to try one :)

Tea-stained lakes (also known as dystrophic lakes) are often shallow bodies of water with a large amount of wetland area in their watershed, which provides an increase in decaying matter. Much of the production in these lakes comes from bacteria.
Why are these lakes brown? Think of a wetland as a ‘tea bag’. Water running through the wetland washes out the tannins and the Dissolved Organic Carbon from the wetland plants.

Lots of minerals in the water I guess. Unlike some watersheds the water comes from dark water lakes. Walleye lakes to be exact. : Never had a walleye?? You need to try one :)
Never had (or even seen) a walleye, but imported northern pike really wreak havoc on our desert lakes. The two fish seem similar but are actually completely different, although people sometimes confuse one with the other. The only thing they really have in common is that they are both from your part of the world:)

Reward offered to catch Nevada lake invasive fish dumper

Not really they make good pickle jar fake salmon if you have a good recipe. I hate all the fricken bones but pike are full of bones.
We call walleye up here in Canada pickerel but if you look on the internet they call pike pickerel. Actually if cleaned right pike taste better but are slimy little buggers LOL. I will throw them back most times unless I am having a bad day fishing and that does not happen to often. :)

Last edited:
Pickerel (walleye) is my most favorite fresh water fish by far. Some good walleye and eggs yummay!!!

I've heard people refer to walleyed pike, which gets really confusing, and not being familiar with either one I used to think they were the same thing. I have heard that if you can deal with the bones and the slime they're actually pretty good, but I'm not really sure why you'd bother unless you just had no other prospects!

That's northern pike. Walleye or pickerel pike as some call them are not as boney and taste much better. Do an image search on google for walleye then northern pike and you'll see. The thing that looks most similar to a walleye is a sauger.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Great video Agustine! Oh and Walleye? Definitely the best eatin', got a few of those here in MN!

Thanks for the compliment on the video. Living where I do fishing is just around the corner or if I want to travel to a better lake it is just a 30 minute drive. I tend to cheat now a days and buy off the natives :) much cheaper and guaranteed not to get skunked LOL

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Beautiful footage - We dont get show here in san jose CA so I can see we are missing out.

Question: Is Adobe Premier Pro CC your editing software?
Thanks
My main video editing software is CyberLink PowerDirector 14 (64-bit) but I have used Adobe Premier Pro. I just find CyberLink PowerDirector 14 (64-bit) easier to use. For my intros I use Adobe Aftereffects.

Reactions: dronechimp

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heyder M.