Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart controller

If AutelPilot is able to purchase directly from Autel Robotics, then Autel Robotics is partially at fault for the place being underhanded. Autel Robotics could easily force AutelPilots to make it clear on their website that they are in fact NOT officially an Autel Robotics store front. If AutelPilotts is getting their stock through a middleman, then Autel Robotics would have little to no leverage other than to figure out where they are getting the product and punish that dealer/middleman.

It would be prudent for everyone to contact Autel Robotics and complain about AutelPilot.com in order to pressure Autel Robotics to then pressure AutlePilot if they indeed have leverage. Notice you don't see any DJI clone storefronts (that I'm aware of anyway).
Autel Robotics can barely keep their own house in order, let alone micromanaging the universe taking orders for their products. There is no evidence from this thread that AutelPilot is getting any inventory from anyone. The message from this thread is that they are not fulfilling orders at all. Just taking orders and stealing money. Caveat Emptor! Deal only with reputable merchants and authorized dealers.

Autel Robotics can barely keep their own house in order, let alone micromanaging the universe taking orders for their products. There is no evidence from this thread that AutelPilot is getting any inventory from anyone. The message from this thread is that they are not fulfilling orders at all. Just taking orders and stealing money. Caveat Emptor! Deal only with reputable merchants and authorized dealers.
I believe I have read of some folks actually getting the goods in the past from them (outside of this thread) so who knows. They are definitely not trustworthy. While Autel may have it's hands full with internal problems, they could contract with Guido or his nephew to eliminate this annoyance.. wink wink

If AutelPilot is able to purchase directly from Autel Robotics, then Autel Robotics is partially at fault for the place being underhanded. Autel Robotics could easily force AutelPilots to make it clear on their website that they are in fact NOT officially an Autel Robotics store front. If AutelPilotts is getting their stock through a middleman, then Autel Robotics would have little to no leverage other than to figure out where they are getting the product and punish that dealer/middleman.

It would be prudent for everyone to contact Autel Robotics and complain about AutelPilot.com in order to pressure Autel Robotics to then pressure AutlePilot if they indeed have leverage. Notice you don't see any DJI clone storefronts (that I'm aware of anyway).
right, because cloning autel websites and running autel storefronts is big business! :)

to everyone: this is not a new problem. im not a big fan of "autelpilot" either but i also believe in capitalism and manufacturers shouldn't tell sellers how to run their website. i checked and im no expert but i don't see any deceptive "violations." nowhere do they claim to be the real "autel" and they even make it clear they are located in china. i maybe see one tm violation but that's about it. i can certainly see where someone who doesn't care about details, who doesn't understand the internet, who doesn't know the differences....could be lost and confused but that's the entire internet....including dji stuff.

i might be way off base here but the few stories i've heard about the debacle mostly involved people who didn't care, don't care to care even after they are told, and only have something to say once they get screwed. hunting for deal, get $10 off a drone, we have drones before everyone has them.... consumers are happy to vote (buy) with their dollars...i can't fault that but buyer beware is the rule. in any case, america has protections again predator websites but the consumer has to be willing to do their part....and i'm not seeing that for the most part. i see a lot of sloppy, self-inflicted issues largely based on greed or being gullible. obvious there are a ton of valid claims and no merchant should prey on the unwary or unsuspecting customer; any criminal activity is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. however, i need autel to focus and to get back into the business of making superior bug-free drones and sw more quickly and not be distracted....if you know what i mean.

Reactions: G_G
I believe I have read of some folks actually getting the goods in the past from them (outside of this thread) so who knows. They are definitely not trustworthy. While Autel may have it's hands full with internal problems, they could contract with Guido or his nephew to eliminate this annoyance.. wink wink
From Autel Robotics' perspective, it's a self-curing problem. It teaches people to do their due diligence, and buy only from reputable merchants and authorized resellers or directly from Autel Robotics. The naïveté of some buyers is really not their problem. Autel Robotics is also a Chinese company, located in China. Having an office in Seattle does not make them an American company.

i might be way off base here but the few stories i've heard about the debacle mostly involved people who didn't care, don't care to care even after they are told, and only have something to say once they get screwed. hunting for deal, get $10 off a drone, we have drones before everyone has them.... consumers are happy to vote (buy) with their dollars...i can't fault that but buyer beware is the rule. in any case, america has protections again predator websites but the consumer has to be willing to do their part....and i'm not seeing that for the most part. i see a lot of sloppy, self-inflicted issues largely based on greed or being gullible. obvious there are a ton of valid claims and no merchant should prey on the unwary or unsuspecting customer; any criminal activity is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. however, i need autel to focus and to get back into the business of making superior bug-free drones and sw more quickly and not be distracted....if you know what i mean.
Yeah, you're a little off base, but aren't we all sometimes. You are making the assumption that if AutelPilot is an actual Autel dealer, that it would take a lot of work on Autel's part to "influence" behavior at AutelPilot. That assumption is completely false. If they are a dealer, and wanted to remain a dealer, then a simple email would end the deception. If they are not a dealer and buy product on the gray market and pretend to be a dealer, then Autel Robotics' influence is probably limited.

You've outlined that cloning AutelRobotics.com is not deceptive in your opinion. I would disagree. Disagreement is okay. I guess my idea of marketing transparency is a little different than yours. Are folks gullible and make bad choices? Of course they are. But Autel doesn't do them any favors. Have you checked out their list of "official" vendors? I'll save you some time. Autelpilots.com is not on it. Neither is @advexure, Drone-Works or B&H Photo. (Find a Store-Autel Robotics Official Website) So the noobs to the drone purchasing market are on their own. But, hey, they can just dispute their purchase if it goes bad, right? No big deal.

I don't have any skin in this game. All of my purchases have been from legit dealers. But that doesn't mean that Autelpilot is just another fair and square entrepreneur and alls good with the world. If I see something that is shady, I call it out that's all.

Yeah, you're a little off base, but aren't we all sometimes. You are making the assumption that if AutelPilot is an actual Autel dealer, that it would take a lot of work on Autel's part to "influence" behavior at AutelPilot. That assumption is completely false. If they are a dealer, and wanted to remain a dealer, then a simple email would end the deception. If they are not a dealer and buy product on the gray market and pretend to be a dealer, then Autel Robotics' influence is probably limited.

You've outlined that cloning AutelRobotics.com is not deceptive in your opinion. I would disagree. Disagreement is okay. I guess my idea of marketing transparency is a little different than yours. Are folks gullible and make bad choices? Of course they are. But Autel doesn't do them any favors. Have you checked out their list of "official" vendors? I'll save you some time. Autelpilots.com is not on it. Neither is @advexure, Drone-Works or B&H Photo. (Find a Store-Autel Robotics Official Website) So the noobs to the drone purchasing market are on their own. But, hey, they can just dispute their purchase if it goes bad, right? No big deal.

I don't have any skin in this game. All of my purchases have been from legit dealers. But that doesn't mean that Autelpilot is just another fair and square entrepreneur and alls good with the world. If I see something that is shady, I call it out that's all.
you have no argument from me. i think they are shady, too. we can agree on....that. :)

Reactions: G_G and Dave Pitman
I'm not sure of what this implies? They're a Chinese company, so letting a dealer (maybe) cheat customers is not a big deal? Or, something else?
Someone above (don't remember who) made a point of stating that AutelPilot is a Chinese reseller. Autel Robotics is Chinese, too, so that doesn't completely let Autel Robotics off the hook for not going after shady vendors in their very own home country, who are pretending to be them, or pretending to be our forum. If Autel Robotics really were an American company, not much they would be able do about any shady Chinese vendor. Look at all the well known companies worldwide thst have their stuff knocked of by hundreds of Chinese companies every day!

YES ME TOO! I have been waiting over a year for the smart controller or a refund - I have received neither! I was being patient because of the chip shortage but now they don't reply or answer phone.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791