Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Something moving inside Battery!

Freedom1955

Reaction score
Anybody else notice something moving inside their Evo battery when you shake it end to end? I have 2 battery's and one of them does this and the other doesn't. What I feel moving is heavy almost like the cells are moving about a quarter of an inch. Common sense tells me this is not good.
I called Autel and they told me not to worry about it.

Anybody else notice something moving inside their Evo battery when you shake it end to end? I have 2 battery's and one of them does this and the other doesn't. What I feel moving is heavy almost like the cells are moving about a quarter of an inch. Common sense tells me this is not good.

I would like to say it's probably just a bit of isolation foam moved out of place and that I wouldn't worry so long as nothing stops working or shorts when shaken once or twice. I wouldn't continue to shake it though.
I would like to say all of that... But I just shook all four of mine and NOTHING moved, rattled, felt unsecured or like it was shifting... And if I had a LiPo pack that did.... I'd probably feel similarly to the way you are right now. They said "Don't worry".. In your Flight Log maintenance section, make a note of who and when, which battery and then keep an eye on it until further data becomes available. If you don't have a Flight Log book... You should get one. We're all going to be required to have them soon enough, and it's a great practice to start if you want to work in the industry.

My brand new Evo I got yesterday had one that does that and will not charge. It was the battery with the Label on it for powering on and off. Autel asked me to send it back so they could evaluate it.

Attachments

• 20181220_155919.jpg
    20181220_155919.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 9
"Don't worry about it" doesn't keep you from losing your drone. I would ask for a replacement.

Reactions: UnRanged
"Don't worry about it" don't keep you from losing your drone. I would ask for a replacement.

They are sending me a new battery out tomorrow. They do provide Awesome service. from the time I emailed them to responding back with an answer 22 minutes. Very good response a week before Christmas.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman