Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The fixation on maximum range

Sorry but you are very wrong with your statement. If you feel you are right then show us where the FAA has this written. You are flying in the N.A.S, be it in open water or on land it is all the same and the same rules apply.
To tell you the truth, if that is the law is very draconian and outdated. Unless you are flying near an airport, flying in a dessert or open water does not have any danger to anything at all.

To tell you the truth, if that is the law is very draconian and outdated. Unless you are flying near an airport, flying in a dessert or open water does not have any danger to anything at all.
If you watch the entire webinar you’ll see just how many ways that things can go wrong.

Take it up with the FAA if your not happy about it. The law is the law and only you and your government can change it.

As a moderator on this forum it is very important I stay informed on all UAV laws around the world as we have many members from all over. I try to back up my findings on the right answers, not what I think it should be but give facts so you can make a informed decision going forward. If that bothers you there is not much I can do about that.

I don't mean any disrespect to the parties involved, but I find amusing that guys from Canada and Australia are lecturing the American about US laws.
Nearly as amusing as 80+ per cent of droners accepting NFZs set by people in China o_O

Anyone that complains about your opinion because it might be breaking the law needs to realize the only reasons why they are talking in the first place is that 1. They are too much of puss to do it themselves. 2 They do not have a drone that can fly that far. 3 They do not have the skills to fly a drone that far as we can see from some on this board.

There are more to drones than just taking off and having it hover over you while you sip your tea.

Maybe the ones that like to play FAA enforcement should go and watch the hundreds of videos of people flying FPV which means NO VLOS and those drones are usually only flown FPV. VLOS is considered sometimes even harder when you fly freestyle but some of you do not have any clue.
I just posted a video of me flying a whoop around the neighborhood I lost VLOS of it since I am flying FPV.
Not considering weight, your telling me a person cannot go outside and fly his drone FPV around his property? What if the person had a HUGE property 100's of acres and wants to fly his drone FPV?

Anyone that complains about your opinion because it might be breaking the law needs to realize the only reasons why they are talking in the first place is that 1. They are too much of puss to do it themselves. 2 They do not have a drone that can fly that far. 3 They do not have the skills to fly a drone that far as we can see from some on this board.

There are more to drones than just taking off and having it hover over you while you sip your tea.

Maybe the ones that like to play FAA enforcement should go and watch the hundreds of videos of people flying FPV which means NO VLOS and those drones are usually only flown FPV. VLOS is considered sometimes even harder when you fly freestyle but some of you do not have any clue.
I just posted a video of me flying a whoop around the neighborhood I lost VLOS of it since I am flying FPV.
Not considering weight, your telling me a person cannot go outside and fly his drone FPV around his property? What if the person had a HUGE property 100's of acres and wants to fly his drone FPV?
I don't really care what you do or don't do, but here is a fun compilation of what happens when you fly BVLOS. (Note: not all of them are BVLOS, but those that are, it will give you an idea of what happens.)

Wonder how many of these BLOS flyers are actually licensed?

This my friends is exactly why the laws are getting more and more strict.

Wonder how many of these BLOS flyers are actually licensed?
The big names have their 107 just because they are monetizing on youtube. They are making money with their videos and it involves flying drones.

If anyone can answer how it is legal for a person to fly a drone with a headset(goggles) on and fly through buildings and completely loose LOS. IS that legal?

Mind you TUFargon and Augustine, there are hundreds of these videos on youtube.

Last edited:
The big names have their 107 just because they are monetizing on youtube. They are making money with their videos and it involves flying drones.

If anyone can answer how it is legal for a person to fly a drone with a headset(goggles) on and fly through buildings and completely loose LOS. IS that legal?

You just need someone else with you to tell you if you are going to hit something and that's completely legal.

Like @macoman said, in all of these pro videos, they always have a VO.

Reactions: macoman
@Madhungarian
You are free to do what ever you want to do with you UAV. I am not your keeper and will not tell you how you should fly your drone. I will tell you what the rules and the laws are just so you can make a in formed decision before you go and fly. What you do afterwards is your business and I really don't give a flying pig what you do.
If you want to be just like all those bozos in those videos not much anybody on here can say that will change your mind so have at. Just remember we are a community drone enthusiasts and some of us will not agree with your opinion but hey its your opinion so have at.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panampefa