Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The iOS Explorer app V1.6.5 is now officially released!

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Weituo AR shared a link.
Moderator · 22 mins
Hello EVO iOS Users,
The iOS Explorer app V1.6.5 is now officially released! It may take up 2 days before it shows in the App Store.

Comparing to the previous official versions, the changes on this version include:
  • Added RC button customization features. The currently permitted settings: gimbal set to 0/90 degree, Obstacle Avoidance on / off, AE lock / unlock, and map/camera switch
  • Added voice notification for RTH and landing
  • Added HDR support in Orbit mode
  • Improved the compass/attitude map heading display
  • Added app version upgrade notification
  • Added option to allow users to change camera settings before mission starts
  • Increased the maximum Orbit radius from 328 ft (100 m) to 1640 ft (500m)
  • Added option to adjust the radar map display zone distance
  • Added option to disable the radar map notification sound
  • Added Live Deck firmware upgrade support

Notes: To fully support the new features, Please upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support!

I guess a real question is, does 2.5.0 firmware behave any better with this app version? Or have we all gone back to 2.3.3?

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I wouldn't expect software would fix a firmware problem. Someone has to try it lol.
I'm really surprised Autel hasn't released a firmware update knowing the last one created so many issues for people.
At least now if something is not good you know you can roll back the firmware again.

Reactions: PingSpike
I wouldn't expect software would fix a firmware problem. Someone has to try it lol.
I'm really surprised Autel hasn't released a firmware update knowing the last one created so many issues for people.
At least now if something is not good you know you can roll back the firmware again.

Keep in mind tight integration between firmware and software. I suspect some of it is caused becasue they firmware didn't know how to react when the app (old one) didn't react the way it expected. I don't get why the firmware and app versions are released at same time. They sort of ask for problems by not doing it that way.

Reactions: mixchief
Another sign of problems is the different version #s between IOS and Android. Hello build the apps at the same time. These different code branches lead to bugs and weird interactions between app and firmware which is what we have seen. Thus my suggestion of waiting to do firmware until 1st app release after the firmware as the firmware was built with the next app in mind. I think that is what caused a ton of weirdness with 2.5.0.

I'm looking for 2.5.x something and next app release for me before moving off that version.

I guess a real question is, does 2.5.0 firmware behave any better with this app version? Or have we all gone back to 2.3.3?
I’m on beta V1.6.5 with 2.5.0 firmware, no it didn’t take away the flight issues. But it does offer nice improved additions, the app is great, it’s the 2.5.0 firmware needing an update.

Paul

Reactions: Tufargon
I’m on beta V1.6.5 with 2.5.0 firmware, no it didn’t take away the flight issues. But it does offer nice improved additions, the app is great, it’s the 2.5.0 firmware needing an update.

Paul
Appears to be don't try the x.x.0 firmware unless you can put up with issues. Otherwise wait for a .x update.

come on...who is gonna try it first on 2.5.0? At least we can all downgrade back again now!

Hopefully the Android version will be out soon.

come on...who is gonna try it first on 2.5.0? At least we can all downgrade back again now!

Hopefully the Android version will be out soon.
Made the change this early evening to official V1.6.5., first with iPhone then with iPad. Was already using V1.6.5 Beta with iPad, This early evening went with official V1.6.5 overriding Beta on iPad.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck with 2.5.0. Made two 10 mile round trip flights, one with iPhone the second flight with iPad. Like before, only flight issues is on RTH it’ll start weaving side to side with speed not consistent. I had a hunch this problem would remain, so I’m not actividing RTH anymore but with today’s flights kicked RTH last 1/4 mile. Both flights, flight issues remained. Ill attach a screenshot of flight towards the end of flight showing the weird flight behavior, it’ll slow down to snails speed then ramp up then slow down again weaving side to side.

Overall, Getting comfortably flying Evo 2 again these past two weeks. Just don’t use RTH anymore, that’s when I’m seeing the weird flying behavior. With no access to a computer, guess im stuck with 2.5.0. until Autel steps up and fixes the problem.

Happy flying everyone,
Paul

91354FD4-7C17-48E8-A27D-A0282360B705.jpeg

Reactions: drrags
Made the change this early evening to official V1.6.5., first with iPhone then with iPad. Was already using V1.6.5 Beta with iPad, This early evening went with official V1.6.5 overriding Beta on iPad.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck with 2.5.0. Made two 10 mile round trip flights, one with iPhone the second flight with iPad. Like before, only flight issues is on RTH it’ll start weaving side to side with speed not consistent. I had a hunch this problem would remain, so I’m not actividing RTH anymore but with today’s flights kicked RTH last 1/4 mile. Both flights, flight issues remained. Ill attach a screenshot of flight towards the end of flight showing the weird flight behavior, it’ll slow down to snails speed then ramp up then slow down again weaving side to side.

Overall, Getting comfortably flying Evo 2 again these past two weeks. Just don’t use RTH anymore, that’s when I’m seeing the weird flying behavior. With no access to a computer, guess im stuck with 2.5.0. until Autel steps up and fixes the problem.

Happy flying everyone,
Paul

View attachment 8446
Can we post .ZIP files on here? If so, I could just zip the folder you need with the 2 files for your sd card. assuming you can put the sd card in your phone or tablet.

Can we post .ZIP files on here? If so, I could just zip the folder you need with the 2 files for your sd card. assuming you can put the sd card in your phone or tablet.
You cannot. What you can do is upload your files to a cloud service (dropbox, onedrive, gdrive, etc) and place the share link in a post.

Paul,
and anyone else wanting to downgrade from 2.5.0 back to 2.3.3...download and save these 2 files directly to your Micro SD card that you use in the Evo II. Go to the downgrade thread and follow the procedure. Hope this helps you.

Paul,
and anyone else wanting to downgrade from 2.5.0 back to 2.3.3...download and save these 2 files directly to your Micro SD card that you use in the Evo II. Go to the downgrade thread and follow the procedure. Hope this helps you.
Thanks that's what I was looking to do for them :).

I wonder how well it flies with IOS 1.6.5 and 2.3.3.

Reactions: Quad808
Paul,
Thank you Quad,

Appreciate you helping out, providing us with a source to downgrade the firmware back to 2.3.3. Unfortunately, I don’t have a computer. And not very computer/iPad savvy to to perform this downgrade to an iPad/iPhone if it’s possible without a computer.

However, these past two weeks with the issues 2.5.0. are having. I’ve learned to avoid the weird flying behaviors, as long as I avoid activating RTH the flights are great no issues at all. I’ll wait until Autel provides us with a corrected firmware version, hopefully they get it straightened out. Until then, I’m okay I’ve learned how to avoid the weird flying behaviors and enjoy flying Evo 2 again.

Thanks again ?
Paul

Reactions: Quad808
Paul,
Hello Quad,

I just purchased a SD card reader for my iPad, went to download 2.3.3. but it expired. Is it possible for me to have used a card reader to download the filmware through an iPad? Then transfer it to my Evo 2 mounting card directly to Evo 2.

I’m not up to speed with computers especially anything to do with Internet, maybe I’ll wait until Autel fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
when I click the link, its still good. Should be for about a week I think. Let me know if it is still not working. Yes, you should be able to do this...download and save to your SD card. The files will be zipped, but the ipad should be able to unzip and save to the SD card.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34