Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UAS registration

slvervper99

Reaction score
So kind of ignorant of me but I just now realize that we need to register our drones with the FAA again. Now if I am reading the rules correctly, that we only need to register once every 3 years for recreational users and we can use the same registration number or certificate number on multiple drones. Is this accurate or did I understand this correctly?

Yes that is correct. You as a pilot are registered not the UAV. All commercial operators need one for every UAV they plan on using.

Reactions: goferfan
Yes that is correct. You as a pilot are registered not the UAV. All commercial operators need one for every UAV they plan on using.
Thanks Agustine. All I need now is to get stickers to apply on the drone

And always be sure to use the official FAA site as there are sites that charge a fee other than the FAA fee's.
I use a Brother label maker for the numbers. They have also now said they must be visible, no more under the battery, etc.

Reactions: Opa43 and goferfan
And always be sure to use the official FAA site as there are sites that charge a fee other than the FAA fee's.
I use a Brother label maker for the numbers. They have also now said they must be visible, no more under the battery, etc.
Really not a whole lot of places on the drone but I suppose on top or on the side of the drone should do.

Reactions: Opa43 and goferfan
It can be placed in the battery compartment as long as it does not require a tool to open.

Reactions: goferfan
Curiosity question: are most non-commercial pilots registering with the FAA under Section 336 or Part 107?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm