Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

V2 Evo II Pro 6K

swiftlizard

Reaction score
So after a really awesome experience with Autel Robotics customer service, I thought I would share it here for many reasons. You may have had a different experience (I have seen many) but I think it is important to mention this was a very good experience. Not just because they warrantied my battery but because they made it easy, made me an offer I would be crazy to refuse (in my situation) and understood what I needed. Customer service rep "Ray" called ME today after I left a simple voice message yesterday. It was very easy to get in touch with them, just leave a message if they don't answer. The prerecorded voice will instruct you to do so after a small wait on hold. Ray belongs in customer service, knows exactly what she is doing and her product knowledge shows.

My story:

I purchased an Evo II Pro V2, in October 2022 for my new business. Non rid version. I will need a module from xxxx maker of rid aftermarket. When I discovered mine would not be compliant this year, I didn't know what I was going to do. I just started a business and technology took a leap, just like computers, I have to expect this. ALMOST one year later I simply called Autel Robotics customer support line. Why did I call? My battery was swelling and quite hot after a 30 minute flight in ~80's. It only had 14 charges and no sign of problems (except swelling). I cooled it after flight with the truck A/C. The orange case had expanded slightly on one side.

Ray instantly informed me after seeing the photo she asked me to send, it was a warranty item and to discontinue using the battery and recycle it locally. She sent shipping info for a new battery TODAY.

While warrantying my battery she also mentioned if instead of buying an aftermarket module I wanted to upgrade, they would "buy" my v2 back for credit worth 30% off. Upgraded controller, new kit with batteries and RID compliant. Shipping turnaround would be no different. Plus I used my V2 for almost a year. They are giving me until December to decide. BandH and Adorama no longer buy back evo II drones or they only buy V3 models.

Module $200-300 plus shipping and backorder for drone almost out of warranty OR
Upgrade to new V3, send back old stuff get brand new upgraded.

I'll be upgrading. I have found their product to be of very good ability, in my experience. I work outdoors, off-road with obstacles in motion and have had zero incidents with my drone not working properly. I am sold. Plus, I can LIVE stream. Nice feature Autel!

Bravo Autel Robotics! Keep Ray on the customer service team and let her hire more people. Seriously.

So after a really awesome experience with Autel Robotics customer service, I thought I would share it here for many reasons. You may have had a different experience (I have seen many) but I think it is important to mention this was a very good experience. Not just because they warrantied my battery but because they made it easy, made me an offer I would be crazy to refuse (in my situation) and understood what I needed. Customer service rep "Ray" called ME today after I left a simple voice message yesterday. It was very easy to get in touch with them, just leave a message if they don't answer. The prerecorded voice will instruct you to do so after a small wait on hold. Ray belongs in customer service, knows exactly what she is doing and her product knowledge shows.

My story:

I purchased an Evo II Pro V2, in October 2022 for my new business. Non rid version. I will need a module from xxxx maker of rid aftermarket. When I discovered mine would not be compliant this year, I didn't know what I was going to do. I just started a business and technology took a leap, just like computers, I have to expect this. ALMOST one year later I simply called Autel Robotics customer support line. Why did I call? My battery was swelling and quite hot after a 30 minute flight in ~80's. It only had 14 charges and no sign of problems (except swelling). I cooled it after flight with the truck A/C. The orange case had expanded slightly on one side.

Ray instantly informed me after seeing the photo she asked me to send, it was a warranty item and to discontinue using the battery and recycle it locally. She sent shipping info for a new battery TODAY.

While warrantying my battery she also mentioned if instead of buying an aftermarket module I wanted to upgrade, they would "buy" my v2 back for credit worth 30% off. Upgraded controller, new kit with batteries and RID compliant. Shipping turnaround would be no different. Plus I used my V2 for almost a year. They are giving me until December to decide. BandH and Adorama no longer buy back evo II drones or they only buy V3 models.

Module $200-300 plus shipping and backorder for drone almost out of warranty OR
Upgrade to new V3, send back old stuff get brand new upgraded.

I'll be upgrading. I have found their product to be of very good ability, in my experience. I work outdoors, off-road with obstacles in motion and have had zero incidents with my drone not working properly. I am sold. Plus, I can LIVE stream. Nice feature Autel!

Bravo Autel Robotics! Keep Ray on the customer service team and let her hire more people. Seriously.
I bought my Evo II Pro RTK in November 2022 based on info here on the forum and from other part 107 pilots. I haven't had not one issue with mine except pairing to the large SC (start Evo press pair button, match frequency on SC, leave Evo on, restart SC and then pairs). I bought mine to learn something new and explore photogrammetry with Metashape.

I think it's a great machine to use; it was fairly easy to learn. However, I'm still experimenting flying sites for 3D data and planimetric use for my land surveying business. I'm also studying for the part 107 cert.

It's an amazing tool as far as I'm concerned. I was very fortunate to find another V2 Enterprise with RTK that was purchased in March 2023 . It was practically new with hardly no flight time; the owner lived 30 miles from me ! So now I've got two Autel's V2's and I'm like a kid at Christmas !

I was shocked that the Enterprise model has no restriction on altitude. It surprised me, but I've set the altitude limit at 400' AGL. Also the range and flight times are about 30% better than the standard V2 Pro RTK. It's also slightly bigger too. It came with the strobe, speaker, flood light, RTK module, SC and 3 batteries. I've not had any issues with the Enterprise either.

In summary from my experience, I think Autel has pretty good equipment. I'm still learning some of the mapping tricks and other features but I'm very pleased with what I have. As far as the RID issue, I'll place my beacon order for at least one of my V2's and keep on flying.

Great machines !

I have had multiple contacts with Autel support and all of them have been satisfactory. Sometimes the response took a day or two, but they have always come back and helped with a solution. One in particular, after a crash repair, they forgot to include the gimbal cover. I happened to be in Bothell, WA where they are located in the US. I called the support number, waited a few minutes on hold and someone met me at the door with a new gimbal cover. (they do not have retail / will call) at their offices). No complaints from me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan