Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Interference Warning

David Myers

Reaction score
Every time I fly, I am getting a video interference warning. I continue with the flight and never go out much more than 3000 feet and have never had video drop out or other problems.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

If you are getting this when you are close and not far away this is kind of normal. When I say "kind of " yes I know it should not happen but it does. Some call it swamping the signals. LOL don't ask me why but they do. My guess would be the signals are stronger at close range and I guess for a better lack of a word they get swamped :)

Reactions: runxtc
If you are getting this when you are close and not far away this is kind of normal. When I say "kind of " yes I know it should not happen but it does. Some call it swamping the signals. LOL don't ask me why but they do. My guess would be the signals are stronger at close range and I guess for a better lack of a word they get swamped :)
Thanks for the reply. Yes it happen when close, as soon as I get a connection. I was beginning to blame it on my firmware version. I'm a bit of a renegade, I'm still running 1.2.8

I saw the posts about the zoom but I have not be able to replicate and I tried. I Fly mostly with my phone that is updating automatically. The phone has the current version of the star app. I'll have to check if my tablet to see if it has an older version.

Every time I fly, I am getting a video interference warning. I continue with the flight and never go out much more than 3000 feet and have never had video drop out or other problems.

Any ideas what may be causing this?
I flew my new X-star premium for the first time on Saturday and it happened to me repeatedly while flying. I was in a school parking lot next to an open field. I dealt with it for awhile and them all of a sudden while 600 feet away, the controller tells me the video link is lost. I initiate a RTH, but it looked liked it happened automatically. Whew, I got the drone back. Went back out the next day and tired again. More of the same, but at one point I was able to fly a full mile and then I initiated RTH. As soon as I did, I started getting the warning messages. I hope I didn't buy the wrong drone. Has the app been fixed based on the beta tests?

I flew my new X-star premium for the first time on Saturday and it happened to me repeatedly while flying. I was in a school parking lot next to an open field. I dealt with it for awhile and them all of a sudden while 600 feet away, the controller tells me the video link is lost. I initiate a RTH, but it looked liked it happened automatically. Whew, I got the drone back. Went back out the next day and tired again. More of the same, but at one point I was able to fly a full mile and then I initiated RTH. As soon as I did, I started getting the warning messages. I hope I didn't buy the wrong drone. Has the app been fixed based on the beta tests?
Is the video actually lost or is the video normal when it starts warrings

Thanks for the reply. In the case of the lost connection, screen was black. Warning was visible on the controller. With all the error messages, I would get the signal was weak and the displayed video was choppy, pixelated, etc. it would go back to normal, then down to three bars, two bars, five bars. No rhyme or reason to it. The signal strength bars on the controller don't change in concert with each other like they do on my Mavic Pro.

Have u looked at the gimble and make sure it's seated all the way in no crud in the connector's the gold ones that mate with the craft. Also the little cables that plug into it. Just the obvious. Does the quad still fly correctly after warrings start

If it's that new try removing cam and resetting it. Might even try uninstalling the starlink and reinstalling. I had it happen and it was the gimble. I didn't have it locked in all the way

so..I had it out for flight three. I returned to the scene of the crime from the first flight. Removed and reinstalled the camera. Flew it around for awhile, no warning messages. I kept an eye on the video meter to see what it was doing. it was all over the place. Typically when it gets to two bars, I get the warning message. I had it within 60 feet of me and I get the video interference message. Weird...I saw somewhere to change channels to one with the lowest noise. I did that, but as soon as I picked the lowest noise one, it became the highest noise. After messing with that for a bit I gotta believe it's a software thing that needs to get fixed. Flew around some more with no issues and no disconnection. I'm hoping Autel gets this figured out. In comparison, I flew my Mavic Pro right after and didn't get a single error message and had it 2+ miles out.

Trust me...the DJI P3S does this on a regular and frequent occurrence. When I get my XSP this coming week, I will be able to more definitively be able to make a true comparison, even though the XSP has got to be at least 5x better than my P3S, which, as a whole, is a pretty great machine.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54