Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Well, It’s final, the XStar is a POS!

And what rumors are they referring to? The only "rumors" I've seen are from disgruntled pilots on this and other Autel related sites who were seemingly expecting Autel to start churning out 'new' stuff constantly like DJI.

Well maybe some wanted them to produce new products like DJI but not the case as far as I am concerned. My main beef with them they don't finish anything they say they are going to do. How can I trust a company that never follows through on what they say.
1. They said they would update the Starlink App to have the 99 waypoint option in off line mode. Never happened.
2. Said they will release the APK after the new firmware went live. Never happened.
3. Took over a year to get new firmware that they say is good enough but it has a lot of problems.
4. Said the Flir camera would be released long ago. Maybe coming @ CES 2018.
5. Refuses to sell aftermarket parts, big time mistake if you want me to be a returning customer. I might as well buy new after my warranty is up. Cost of sending it in, labour & parts and shipping back would not be worth it when I can fix this stuff myself. Not rocket science, been doing it for years.
There is a good article about Autel & Yuneec someplace. It explains how both companies are hoping that having great customer support that this will be enough to keep them going. Hopefully this is not all they are banking on.

My XSP will sit until the new camera comes out. That's the only reason I bought it. I wanted P4P quality pics at a lower cost and the ability to upgrade without dropping 1500 every year.

Whoever said the XSP is on the level of a P4P I will respectfully disagree. Why would you say that? How exactly is an XSP on the level of a P4P? Camera, range, internals, sensors and avoidance, flight control app, SDK? As an owner of DJI and Autel I think the XSP and P3p are pretty close in quality and features. I actually like the build of the Autel better I think it's less prone to cracks. However, i prefer DJI Go and Litchi over starlink not even close in my book which is why the XSP is on the shelf. I want to use it professionally when the upgraded cam comes out. They announced it in January of 17.. This is almost February of 18. That is just not acceptable. DJI has been killing it in the interim. I'm not saying they need to keep up with them but at least deliver on what you promise.

Don't wait for any new camera for the XSP. It is dead in the water. Done deal. Autel has said they will not be going in that direction many times since CES 2018.
What you have now is all you are ever going to have with the XSP. Time to move on if you want better.

Time to move on if you want better.

...Or stick with the XSP and enjoy good reliable flight, great videos, and good distance. And not worry about whether Autel is 'keeping up' with DJI.

I guess my problem is, all I wanted was a better quad than my old Phantom 2 Vision - and I got it with my XSP. Since I'm not in any sort of business, I suppose all I need is a reliable airborne camera system to shoot nice videos and pictures of me and wifey out on our adventures that we can send or post to friends. And then do some 'adventure' flying in places where you can't see things without being in the air.

I don't really care what DJI is doing. I don't really care what Autel is doing either, except I hope they put out another great product like they did with the XSP. Someday I may find a use for it.

Ok, pile on... :D :D

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary-Tex